Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Irish CSM deletate

Options
  • 30-03-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Well the CSM results are in and it looks like we have an irish person on board for it! Also is the TEST CSM candidate.

White Tree - Ross McDermott - Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Cool, good to have a paddy in there, but i haven't bothered to find out what the CSM does, so it don't mean much to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Only 2 things will make me resub my accounts.

1. The introduction of a proper account security system (the same password for ingame and account management aka eve-o is stupid as is being able to change email addy linked to said account within 5 minutes) i lost 9bn isk this way and was not impressed with the way i was treated by CCP for a flaw in their system, 3 months paying for my 3 accounts to be stripped bare as i watched helplessly and CCP struggled to actually confirm the accounts were mine only to get half my stuff back and being accussed of isk buying when i got the keylogger from a friend who didn't let me know his msn account was comprimised (thanks mark)

2. The introduction of the new ship classes and ship roles being theorized on the forums (hospital ships/mine layers/minesweepers advanced ewar industrials etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Jimbob 83 wrote: »

1. The introduction of a proper account security system (the same password for ingame and account management aka eve-o is stupid as is being able to change email addy linked to said account within 5 minutes) i lost 9bn isk this way and was not impressed with the way i was treated by CCP for a flaw in their system, 3 months paying for my 3 accounts to be stripped bare as i watched helplessly and CCP struggled to actually confirm the accounts were mine only to get half my stuff back and being accussed of isk buying when i got the keylogger from a friend who didn't let me know his msn account was comprimised (thanks mark)

2. The introduction of the new ship classes and ship roles being theorized on the forums (hospital ships/mine layers/minesweepers advanced ewar industrials etc)

Can't say much about 2 but for 1, there was something from the fanfest where they gave a "digi" key in the goodie bags for two factor auth on accounts.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1486684

No idea if/when they'll sell them to general users.

Mantel wrote: »
    Can't say much about 2 but for 1, there was something from the fanfest where they gave a "digi" key in the goodie bags for two factor auth on accounts.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1486684

No idea if/when they'll sell them to general users.

Thats fair enough as an extra layer of security for people who click stupid links and open phishing mails but it still doesn't cover the basic security systems flaws which need to be looked at imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Haven't been arsed looking, did Mittens and Darius III get in? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

1. i'd settle for an sms notification when a password is changed

2. mines were removed due to the lag they caused - i'd like to see an ewar capital for jamming supers

2. mines were removed due to the lag they caused - i'd like to see an ewar capital for jamming supers

I thought they where just ****, the damage they did was pitiful at best. Still have a ton of python and anacona mines in a hanger somewhere.

Since the CSM has gotten some small changes made to the game hopefully the new one will get more changes. I was trying to look up some of their election propaganda but the voting page is down now, I was hoping to find at least one of them with account security as a priority for them.
    Haven't been arsed looking, did Mittens and Darius III get in?

Yeap, full list on the eve wiki. It's chairman Mittens now.

1. i'd settle for an sms notification when a password is changed

What good will that do ? You will already be locked out of account management by then :p

Hence my rant ^^

What good will that do ? You will already be locked out of account management by then :p

Hence my rant ^^

If they SMS'd you a code that you had to stick in to the site to change the email that would be handy but then they'd have to a secure way to change your mobile number on the site, send confirmation code to email? :D back to square one nearly. Anyway, the cost and pain-in-the-assness of setting up a system that can send an SMS to any network in the world would be pohibitive for CCP to do or keep them away from it unless they had a major account security scewup.

As Jimbob 83 said, seperate passwords for account management and logging in to the game would be a good start.
    Thats fair enough as an extra layer of security for people who click stupid links and open phishing mails but it still doesn't cover the basic security systems flaws which need to be looked at imo

It would also help with keyloggers tbh, they might get your username and password along with a key that expires a few minutes later. It also depends on what they make dependant on the two-factor auth, could just be account management login or it could be everything, game login, email change, password change, etc. Also if the security fob is widely used it will just be factored in to phishing attacks directed at eve accounts. There's still no offical word on what CCP are going to do with it though, just a picture from the fanfest of one.

Hence my rant ^^

not if the sms sends u a verification code you must enter to proove its you before it allows you to change the password

• Advertisement

Mantel wrote: »
    If they SMS'd you a code that you had to stick in to the site to change the email that would be handy but then they'd have to a secure way to change your mobile number on the site, send confirmation code to email? :D back to square one nearly. Anyway, the cost and pain-in-the-assness of setting up a system that can send an SMS to any network in the world would be prohibitive for CCP to do or keep them away from it unless they had a major account security screwup.

actually ccp could easily contract one of the many security companies that offer such a service.... the sms they send you is charged to your phone and thus ccp wouldnt need to pay anything. i'd gladly pay 50 cent an sms if it means my account cant be hacked

google (gmail) use such a service... also facebook have started offering it....

Advertisement