Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth Handsfree Kit

Options
  • 30-03-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth Handsfree Kit

Looking for the cheapest place to buy this,most places want around €300 installed but as I did previously with another carkit,it's much cheaper to buy yourself and then have it installed professionaly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

How much would it cost to fit this?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

Roughly €100 +VAT for leads and install
    If car has any kind of premium sound or amped leads will be more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

So that's €185 for the unit and €121 (inc vat) for the install. Total is €306.

Halfords sell it for €212.49 and charge €29.99 for install. Total is €242.48.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_569633_langId_-1_categoryId_212409

Read the Halfords reviews. First one says that it takes an hour to install. Quite an expensive quote of €100 + VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I remember googling halford installs before and it was not all plain sailing, broken trim, scratched surfaces ect.

They might be fine, but just do your research before trying them.

I used this guy who was very good.

He is 279 supplied and fitted

http://www.b2communications.ie/B2/Parrot_MKi9200.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Would you recommend the unit brightkane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I have always used Parrot kits and found them grand. They are buggy at times but you get over it.

as for this kit I personally cant fault it. Iphone charger is great for freeing up the ciggie charger.

I love that the voice recognition doesnt neet you to put in voice tags to every contact.

also i wouldnt put the iphone/ipod lead into the glove box , as you cant access it, i put it under my console,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

larry1 wrote: »

I've found it cheaper.

futurec wrote: »
    Roughly €100 +VAT for leads and install
    If car has any kind of premium sound or amped leads will be more expensive

lol,€100?

Are you mad?I have a professional installer to do it for €50 plus any additonal leads need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

There are usually lots of guides online for installing the kit yourself. I put one into my Alfa GT. The only hassle I had wasn't due to the kit. It was non-standard wiring in the car (afair the ISO leads had to be swapped over).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭futurec

Paying for quantity not quailty with Halfords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've had 3 of these kits, bought them via adverts and installed them myself. They're a sinch to install. Once you have the correct leads there's not much to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rossa22

I've found it cheaper.

lol,€100?

Are you mad?I have a professional installer to do it for €50 plus any additonal leads need.

Any chance you can pass on the contact details of the person who fitted the car kit for you? Cheers.

Advertisement