Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shell Houston Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Ben1010

Kace wrote: »
    Harrington with no shot to the pin because of hazard on 16 purposely hits it against the grandstand so that it ricochets towards the green !!

Definitely destined for YouTube :D

It's defintely good thinking. He knew he prob make bogey but he not far away from the leader so he was happy enough to make a single than a double bogey.

Still think maybe Mickleson looks to be on song and hitting them crisply!!!

Harrington finds the water on the last....tut!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Bogeys 16, bogeyed 17 and has driven it in the water on 18. I'm givin up watchin this guy, I am clearly the Harrington blink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Making a bags of it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What a thoroughly rubbish finish. That round of -2 isn't actually all that good. The course was being torn up today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Parky2010

Still think he has a shot tomorrow, don't think Phil will win think his mind is too much on next week. Paddy 64 and wins tomorrow :D ( i'm optimistic but sh ) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭blackwaterfish

As much as it pains me... cant argue with the accessment of the sky numpties re padraigs ability to win a tourney as long as he remains a lottery off the tee.

he will not win this thing tomorrow. not unless his caddy grows a pair overnight and refuses to let his man play a driver off the tee on the 18th.

how can r.flood not step in there and insist that a gentle 3 wood off the tee is the only way for a guy who ( in something like 11 attempts ) has never got a sniff of a birdie!?

thats not to say padraig isnt innocent of a deserved kick up the hole... but funkyballs Flood... seriously... does he have a mandate to voice an opinion other than "yes boss.. deadly buzz" ?

liking the beard tho.

As much as it pains me... cant argue with the accessment of the sky numpties re padraigs ability to win a tourney as long as he remains a lottery off the tee.

he will not win this thing tomorrow. not unless his caddy grows a pair overnight and refuses to let his man play a driver off the tee on the 18th.

how can r.flood not step in there and insist that a gentle 3 wood off the tee is the only way for a guy who ( in something like 11 attempts ) has never got a sniff of a birdie!?

thats not to say padraig isnt innocent of a deserved kick up the hole... but funkyballs Flood... seriously... does he have a mandate to voice an opinion other than "yes boss.. deadly buzz" ?

liking the beard tho.
    Yep, he won't win tomorrow. As for Flood I'll bite my lip.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Watched a bit of this last night and heard Mickelson interviewed...
    'I had 181 yards to go on 18 and hit 9-iron' WTF?
    I suppose he did leave it 3 feet short of the flag so he only hit his nine iron 180 in what was practically calm conditions...

Paddy Jekyll & Mr. Hyde good for entertainment value, not for the nerves :)

2 shot behind mickelson wldnt be bad...2 shots is nothing but 4 shots. Nah not a hope for paddy tomorrow but all he can do is shoot 65 tmw and hope.

come on paddy:):):) putting a 20euro on u to win the masters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

stopped putting bets on harrington last year for any major. :mad:

when harrington is good, he's great, when he's bad, he's brutal. a little less conversation about your game getting better, more working on trying to make it better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm going to get abused for this...and probably rightfully so...but I'm going to say it anyway. I really don't think that Harrington is the full schilling. I firmly believe that he's not right in the head. He sounds a bit slow at times and some of the decisions he makes on a golf course are just plain silly.

Anyway, back to this event...aftertiming on this forum but mentioned on another, I'm on Scott Verplank @170-1. A local boy who has put in three solid rounds. Phil got away with murder yesterday, I don't think he'll get away with it today and hopefully verplank can play some steady golf and take this one home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I'm going to get abused for this...and probably rightfully so...but I'm going to say it anyway. I really don't think that Harrington is the full schilling. I firmly believe that he's not right in the head. He sounds a bit slow at times and some of the decisions he makes on a golf course are just plain silly.

Anyway, back to this event...aftertiming on this forum but mentioned on another, I'm on Scott Verplank @170-1. A local boy who has put in three solid rounds. Phil got away with murder yesterday, I don't think he'll get away with it today and hopefully verplank can play some steady golf and take this one home.

I missed msot of the golf yesterday (switched on when PH was teeing off on 16 - hence my beliefe that I am the blink!)... in what way was Phil lucky, few breaks off the tee? They just showed him holing a butt-load of putts in the summing up later on.

some of the decisions he makes on a golf course are just plain silly.
    Sure are but a strong caddy would quickly ease this situation. Look at Mickelson and Bones Mackay, in depth calculated discussions and often strong views over shots. Flood seems to be more of an usher out there, quiet please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    I missed msot of the golf yesterday (switched on when PH was teeing off on 16 - hence my beliefe that I am the blink.

Ha! I did the very same and had similar thoughts.

Just knew he was destined for the water on 18 too. It's getting that predictable. Switched off then and was pleasantly surprised, this morning, that he managed to limit the damage to a bogey. If he does manage to get back in contention today, not sure I would have the stomach to watch him on the last few holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

lol at calling some one who has won 3 majors a bit slow.He may make some strange decisions alright but he is also a qualified accountant he cant be that slow.

I've watched him play live a number of times and it's just a personal opinion about him that maybe I shouldn't have shared haha. He's a real talent on the golf course but his mindset is questionable.

In reply to the Mickleson question. I don't think you could call him lucky yesterday...he played sublime, chip ins woods from the fairway going where he wanted them to go...it was all good. He took the risks and they paid off.

The course is not really set up for a player who's protecting the lead so Mickleson and Verplank will have to go for everything because you can be sure the likes of Aaron Bads and Anthony Kim will

Harrington spraying it all over the place already.

EDIT: But his putting is saving him again. Holed a nice 15 footer there.

Harrington spraying it all over the place already.

Went miles left off the tee, bang to 15 foot, holes for birdie :D what a man, mon paddy!

Follows it up with a bogey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Par, birdie, bogey. Par 5 coming up.

• Advertisement

All out on the course now. Mickelson starts with a birdie.

Paddy with the birdie, -10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Trampas

-11 now

PH three putts the par 3 7th, back to -10.

Cmon paddy!!! Grind it out...i can see others dropping shots. Plently of golf to play for. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭blackwaterfish

oh oh... water ahoy!

oh oh... water ahoy!
    Ah FFS, he's not gone in the drink again is he? Doesn't say so on shot tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

oh oh... water ahoy!

:confused: where? Nothing on shottracker or sky.

• Advertisement

Yeah can we stop silly speculating please.

Advertisement