Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yorkshire terrier

• 30-03-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

my cousin whos laptop is down at the moment asked me to get some advise for her. She took in a tiny tiny male yorkshire terrier, if he was for sale id say hed be classified as a tea cup, i know there is no such breed but just putting this so u will get a idea of how small he is. she took him from someone that was getting rid because they were moving and could not take him. When he came to her about 6 weeks or so ago he was very very hyper not put out at all that he was in a strange home. straight away he was so at home. He was also really shaved short so we think he was cut this short as he must have been in a bad way. Anyhows when she got him she was told he was 10 months old, vet has said more like 4 yrs. she has got him vac as there was no card and nuetered. the main prob she has with him is his growling and snapping esp when he and anybody else is going through a door. last night he bit her hubby going through the door and also a few times he has gone for their feet but never conected till last night. if when he wants to go out for a wee, when the door is opened for him he just goes mental snarling, growling barking and like i said last night actually bit.
    Her hubby is going mad, the bite did actually tear the skin his concerned for their kids as you know they do have to use the door. she loves this dog to bits as the rest of the time, apart from a odd bark he is fine. just the door thing.
    any suggestions as she dont want this to happen again as she is sure that the hubby will demand she gets rid of him if next time its one of the kids

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I would suggest you get a trainer into the home asap.

I would also doubt the reason it was rehomed was because they were moving:rolleyes: more likely it was because it was aggressive and they wanted to off load the problem onto someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

well they apparently aint moved yet as my cousin seen them around the town 2 weeks ago so your proberly right. like my cousin, well its my cousins girl says, most of the time he is so loven will sit on her knee, loves his walks. another thing she said that when he out walking when he wees or dirtys he growls the whole time. sounds like a very vocal boy. i aint seen him so i cant really comment on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

well they apparently aint moved yet as my cousin seen them around the town 2 weeks ago so your proberly right. like my cousin, well its my cousins girl says, most of the time he is so loven will sit on her knee, loves his walks. another thing she said that when he out walking when he wees or dirtys he growls the whole time. sounds like a very vocal boy. i aint seen him so i cant really comment on him

Is he neutered? A lot of intact males will growl and grumble when they go to the toilet and when they are scraping the ground after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

andreac wrote: »
    Is he neutered? A lot of intact males will growl and grumble when they go to the toilet and when they are scraping the ground after.
    yeah she got him done about 4 weeks ago.

Advertisement