Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the Registrant Contact, Administrative Contact affect the serp of a site?

Options
  • 30-03-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

As said. Does the Registrant Contact, Administrative Contact affect the serp of a site?

I'll use some examples. My site ashmoreproductions.com is registered in laois. And for "wedding video laois" I'm no 1. Now for the term "wedding video offaly" I'm no 2. Even though I have a higher PR of 4 against the competitor in the no 1 position with a PR of 2.

For the term "wedding video cork" I'm no 3 . The guy at no 2 has a PR of 0.
    I have a lot more links than this guy and as mentioned a higher PR.

So does the above question affect the serp and why Am I not higher in the serps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

texanman wrote: »
    As said. Does the Registrant Contact, Administrative Contact affect the serp of a site?

I'll use some examples. My site ashmoreproductions.com is registered in laois. And for "wedding video laois" I'm no 1. Now for the term "wedding video offaly" I'm no 2. Even though I have a higher PR of 4 against the competitor in the no 1 position with a PR of 2.

For the term "wedding video cork" I'm no 3 . The guy at no 2 has a PR of 0.
    I have a lot more links than this guy and as mentioned a higher PR.

So does the above question affect the serp and why Am I not higher in the serps?

No. The other sites are just optimised better for those phrases. PageRank is no the be-all and end-all of SEO, it's just one of many factors that affect your position on the SERP.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

The toolbar PR you have available isn't a true indication of the PR of the individual pages. It's a (potentially hugely outdated) snapshot, which is given on a very crude scale.

Even if you did have accurate PR data (wrongly assuming it was directly after an update and all DC's were immediately updated), it wouldn't have such a direct correlation with the results due to the various other factors involved and weightings of each.

Registrant details are monitored and can lead to impacts, but it isn't the reason why any of those sites are outranking you for those terms.

(As an aside, read your footer and consider the impacts it might have on users of your site. I'd instantly move off the site on seeing it, regardless of whether SE's punish it as spam or not.

e.g. "Covering counties Laois Offaly Kildare Limerick Kilkenny Westmeath , Galway Tipperary Carlow Waterford Cork Kerry")

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

Thanks Cormee for you reply

Paul. I took your advice and cleaned up the footer.
    I might just put a site map there. Or is it necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

texanman wrote: »
    Or is it necessary?
    The general aim of it was fine, just the execution that looked nasty (it looked like keyword spam to a user, so creates trust issues and a poor impression of the site, even if it wasn't being flagged by search engines).

If you simply reworded it so it provided similar information in a beneficial way, that didn't look artificial (so avoid a blanket keyword list of locations), for users it would be fine. It was clearly written to make the site seem relevant for a wider range of searches, but you need to consider what the impact of that will be on the users of the site. In this case, I'd suggest the negatives outweigh the positives.

Advertisement