Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denied Access to Aer Lingus lounges

Options
  • 30-03-2011 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I travel a lot and use a company Bank of Ireland VISA Business card with Aer Lingus Gold Circle logo. In recent months, partner lounges abroad have begun to deny access to me and some of my work colleagues with this card. It used to be fine for access to most lounges up to recently.

The Aer Lingus site clearly lists the eligible lounges:
    http://www.aerlingus.com/goldcircle/lounges/

Aer Lingus refuse to give me any clarity on the issue and trot out nonsense about contacting Bank of Ireland. Needless to mention (and you'll have seen this one coming), Bank of Ireland say I should contact Aer Lingus.

Has anyone else had the same recent experience? Has anyone got any satisfactory response from Aer Lingus? It seems to me that since Aer Lingus now allow bookers access to their lounges for a fee during online booking, they are deliberately killing off the Bank of Ireland VISA lounge access "service" by making it so frustrating that you'd just want to ditch the card - especially since your company pays over €70 extra per card per year for the "privilege" of lounge access with the Gold Circle logo. :mad:

Some of these lounges have been very specific in saying they will not accept the VISA card, but will accept an official Aer Lingus Gold Circle card, so there is a definite issue with these VISA cards despite what BoI or Aer Lingus might want you to believe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 feckinflyer

Long time ago but I can explain, I had the same problem (Particulary in LGW) with the BOI Card, I got my account manager in BOI to get a copy of there agreement, it's actually only Dublin that they have the deal with, I was asked to keep it hush at the time but I changed banks since! When I was at applicant stage with gold circle and had a problem just showed the card and gave the number! (which they can't check)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Hi Lundquist, bringing your thread back to life!

Any one with more recent experiences with this?

In particular does anyone know if KLM Crown Lounge in Schipol still honours BOI VGC with lounge access logo?

Advertisement