Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning Fight Gear

• 30-03-2011 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi,

My kickboxing gear is starting to stink. I air the pads regulary and wash the inside with a cloth twice a week.

How do you other people keep them clean and stink free?

Thanks

Karl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

If you use some of that anti bacterial hand sanitizer (the same stuff they had everywhere when swine flu was around) to wipe down the inside of gloves, shinguards itll keep them clean and stink free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Thanks Niall.

Just picked up a first aid bottle of Dettol - should do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Fill a sock with wood chip (animal bedding, available from any pet store). Put these inn your gloves when your not using them. This soaks up a lot of sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I keep silca gel packets in bags to stop moisture/damp from getting in. That's mostly for wood and steel though. Might work on sparring gear too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

dont wash them . just get used to the stink . so when your apponents eyes start watering u have the upper hand hehehehehe

i just wipe down the plastic stuff with some anti bac wipes and spray the insides with anti bac spray .
    and wash the material stuff every so often .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

I use a dettol spray and a quick wipe after every training session. No smell on current gloves and footpads. I've had them four years too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Kenpo

Many thanks for the tips guys.

Advertisement