Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions please.

• 30-03-2011 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

ok guys i emailed this to dolans with no response yet anyway.am i insane?or could this workout somehow?i just want opinions as to how it might work.

hi sean
    im a regular in dolans and i go to lots of gigs there.
    this is going to sound a little weird.but it was a spur of the moment thing with a few beers on board.i sent an email to this lady

http://www.breesharp.com/breesharp.html

im guessing you have heard of her.she had a big enough hit with the song" david duchovny"(x-files ) and i personally think shes very good.

this is the email i sent.

please come and play in limerick,ireland.i will pay for your flight and i will put you up in my hotel.
    >
    > please i love your music and we have the perfect venue.
    >
    >
    > gerry

i honest to god did not expect a reply which was:

Hello Gerry!

Thank you so much for the generous invitation. My music partner Don and I have been fortunate enough to have been flown to Ireland once before for shows and it was a fantastic experience. We were just musing over how we'd love to go again. Can you please tell me if you're looking for an acoustic or full band show, what kind of venue you have in mind and what dates you're interested in?

Thanks again and look forward to speaking soon.

x. bree

first of all i dont have a hotel(i actually meant to say house).lol and secondly i cant really afford to fly her over here and i all the time had dolans in mind for the gig.but lets just say i did get her over here.what exactly is the procedure for getting her a gig in dolans?and i suppose what im asking as well is,is there anything you can do?

gerry

ps i may sound mad doing all this but i assure you im not.as i said it was a spur of the moment thing and i did not expect any sort of reply.

i know i know im mad.:rolleyes: i cant afford to fly her here either lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Sniped shorter for quote

You can rent the warehouse for a night for about €600 (figure not exact), in which you can host the event, if you do that then and she plays, you can charge for tickets, and tickets = money money = covers costs + profit profit + you = :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

You can rent the warehouse for a night for about €600 (figure not exact), in which you can host the event, if you do that then and she plays, you can charge for tickets, and tickets = money money = covers costs + profit profit + you = :)

He could say he owns Dolans, and also, provided he can fool her that he owns a hotel like the George or something (Just pay to put her up there and play along with it) then he might get his iron out of it too. She'll be thinking he is well cool owning hotels and venues and flying her over and the like. Then come back here and tell us all about it!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Hahahaha, f**ckin quality story. She's hot too.

You could get her to play in your house.....

http://www.myspace.com/breesharp/blog/447659326

Get your mates to club together for flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i have nothing to contribute to this thread but

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I do not have experience in planning an operation such as this but if I gave any advice, it would be to ensure this man she mentions in her email, Don, does not come with her.
    I have a feeling he could be a killjoy and you might not get your iron out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Rent out dolans, and then contact the clarion around the corner, you should be able to book the penthouse for not that much (200?not sure). I would say to let dolans book the room instead, but then if you book it, you would have the room key. In case you need it.

Anyway that would be 600 for the warehouse, 200 for the room, so 800.

Not sure how many can fit in, but lets say 200. 20 euro a ticket would be 4 grand, enough to cover flights and costs!

phill106 wrote: »
    Rent out dolans, and then contact the clarion around the corner, you should be able to book the penthouse for not that much (200?not sure). I would say to let dolans book the room instead, but then if you book it, you would have the room key. In case you need it.

Not sure how many can fit in, but lets say 200. 20 euro a ticket would be 4 grand, enough to cover flights and costs!

What do you mean, Phil, in case he needs it.
    The whole point of this invite is so he can get his iron off her, no?

Gerry, I assure you, if you attempt to pull this off, a lot of the guys in the Limerick forum will buy tickets and turn up to see the operation being carried out. But you will fail if you do not nob her :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

zuroph wrote: »
    i have nothing to contribute to this thread but

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks guys im delighted with the response lol

EXCEPT his one ^^^^^^^^^^

is it mmmmmmmmmmm i dont believe you?

or mmmmmmmmmm i couldnt give a s**t.

or mmmmmmmmm shes gorgeous

id love to do what you guys said but id love it even more if dolans got back to me and said we will take care of it lol

ps id love to nob her to.hope shes not reading this lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

phill106 wrote: »

i like your style.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This reminds me of a time myself and a workmate tried to get Steven Segal to come over and play in Dolans. Got as far as sending his booking agent the dolans website address and capacity and never heard anything again :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Opinion? Not appropriate here.

Your e-mail to the artist was misleading, so I'm not going to let you use this forum conspire to bring her to Limerick under false pretences.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement