Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos on m.boards.ie

Options
  • 30-03-2011 12:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, dunno if this been brought up before but thought it might be worth considering.

When on m.boards.ie Images aren't shown in threads but replaced with a link lablaed "image" this makes the threads more easily navigated and quicker loaded.
    It's a great idea and i'm glad you came up with it.

However, youtube videos load, and sometimes bring browsers to a standstill, make the thread harder sometimes crash browsers.

Is it possible or practical for the same thing done with images on the mobile version to be done with videos aswell?

If this has been asked already, feel free to merge/move this thread.

Cheers,

Seán.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Howya. Just incase you haven't found an answer, I had this problem too. Just turn off flash for your mobile. It should be in your settings. Worked for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Agree with a setting that blocks this, without having to block flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Nice idea, I'd also like to see this

Advertisement