Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarms blaring all day long

Options
  • 30-03-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed an increase in house alarms going off all day long lately? I live in Ranelagh and pretty much every day there's an alarm going off. It's pretty annoying to say the least. I'm fairly certain it wasn't always this bad (but maybe I'm imagining it!). And I'm also pretty sure it's not the same alarm all the time, although it could be a small number of culprits.

I thought there were rules about house alarms that they have to switch themselves off after 20 minutes or something. It's pretty pointless having them going off all day - if someone breaks into your house they're not going to hang around too long, so there's no sense in the alarm still blaring three hours later.

So has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

inb4 2012 conspiracy theorists :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I love that time rule... you end up listening to an alarm for hours that stops for 60 seconds every 20 minutes. (or how ever long it takes for the next gust of wind to blow).
    Feckin' things should be silent and managed anyway. Really, who goes out to investigate a house or car alarm down the road or in the housing estate behind your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

I love that time rule... you end up listening to an alarm for hours that stops for 60 seconds every 20 minutes. (or how ever long it takes for the next gust of wind to blow).
    Feckin' things should be silent and managed anyway. Really, who goes out to investigate a house or car alarm down the road or in the housing estate behind your house?

Yeah our one is monitored and only sounds inside the house. They should all be like that, IMO.

Advertisement