Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Of Lease

Options
  • 30-03-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi all. Hoping to get some advice on this. Our lease is up in 8 weeks and we have informed LL we will not be renewing it. LL wants to get Estate Agent in to take photos etc. When can they actually start viewings on the property? And how many people can view the house at a time? Have heard stories of peoples things being taken during viewings so was wondering am I allowed to be there as there are still 8 weeks left on my lease?
    Also how much notice should we be given for viewings? Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,501 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what's in the lease about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

In the last eight weeks of tenancy by prior appointment to allow LL accompanied by not more than two persons at any one time to enter the dwelling to view it.

So I'm still not sure how much notice that is and whether or not I can be there? When we viewed the property there were 8 people viewing it. Just don't fancy 8 people wandering around the place with Estate Agent. Don't want any fast ones pulled on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Of course you can be there. You are the sitting tenant for the next eight weeks.

How much notice comes down to what's reasonably convenient when "by prior appointment" is agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You can definitely be there.
    24 hours notice is considered minimum, but it is really up to you. Many sitting tenants give the landlord 1-3 hours a week where they will always be available to show the home (say, a weekday evening for an hour and an hour on Saturday lunchtime), so the landlord knows when he can make apppointments and the home will be clean for viewings.

Advertisement