Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shift 2

• 30-03-2011 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Shift 2 is out, anyone buying it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not tomorrow, friday. I checked review. One if the lads in main game thread made a very very good review. He is game journalist too, so it's proper review. I suggest check it out.

I hated that slippery feel first one had, but I am sucker motorhead.... I will be getting anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

Got it yesterday, awesome! :P Helmet cockpit view is savage on a big screen. As with the first one, they really emphasise using manual and its really fun the way they implemented it!

EDIT: By the way its 40 in Gamestop and 50 in Game in dublin city center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

found this game pretty poor tbh when playing with a wheel the steering lag is catastrophic which ruins the whole game for me the whole looking into corners is crap aswell it has a decent fov it dosnt need this gimmick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Agree with grim, however thanks to the community things improve after a lot of tweaking [PC only] ofcourse
    Also SMS say they have fixed the input lag for the patch which should be out soon.
    Lots of useful info over on the nogrip forums.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=148

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got this game and think it's pretty good, I'm not a sim driver though.

I've only been driving properly for one day since I got a wheel (F430) but it's a completely different game with the wheel, it was pretty much uncontrollable with a joypad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

OSI wrote: »
    The physics also leave a lot to be desired, driving down a straight should not require me to be holding on the steering wheel with white knuckles to stop the car fishtailing into a crash barrier

You know what, I had this problem with Shift 2. Hurtling down a straight and the car is flying all over the track. I didnt know what was up with it and I presumed that it was a steering wheel issue. Even got on the Fanatec looking for assistance is solving their faulty product :( what a tool I is

This fault ruins the game IMO, better off sticking with Race '07

I've since bought race 07, shift 2 isn't a patch on it. Haven't been playing shift since I bought race 07.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭cyberhog

Hey all , I have a newbie question. I just started playing shift 2 for the first time and I was wondering if it is possible to fine tune settings like tyre pressure etc on the cars you get in career mode?

thanks for the help!

Yeah you can do it in the garage, I'm not sure exactly where but you select the car and there are options to upgrade it or make a set up.

I gave this game another go today and tried messing with some setting as recommended online, I changed the steering sensitivity to 100% and speed sensitivity to 100% also realised I was just in the hard mode not elite mode. In elite mode with all aids off the cars become much more responsive to steering and all the lag seems to go away but the FFB almost disappears but no more fishtailing on the straights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

in case anyone want to buy this game:

now: 5.00 € incl. VAT on Origin.

info in BA here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056553594

Advertisement