Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed - No period as yet.

Options
  • 30-03-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks
    Just wondering if anyone could help with a query i have.
    My wife and i have been trying to concieve for about 1 year. We went to get tests done and showed that my wife has some thyroid issue (antigen in the blood) which makes it difficult to concieve.

We have recieved IUI treatment for one month and was not successful.
    Second month the IUI treatment was cancelled due to my wife's follicles not being long enough to carry out the IUI.
    She is now off the med's that she was taking for IUI.
    We are now going to go down the IVF route.

My question is - My wife has still not had her period since this month. It is over 10 days late now. There was no IUI carried out this month due to cancellation and no other means of pregnancy unless she's had an immaculate conception.

She took a pregnancy test and it was negative (even though she knew this would be the case anyway).

Does anyone know, why her period could be this late.
    She was takin a lot of medication including steriods for the IUI (six different types) including injections. Could this be the reason she has had no period as yet.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I don't know the in's & out's of the meds she is on, or how they might affect her cycle.
    However there are many reasons why her period might be late, or why it might not come at all.
    Is it possible that she is stressing over the treatments? As stress can mess with cycles big time.
    I hope she gets some positive results soon

Advertisement