If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Universal Ceiling Mount for PJ

Options
  • 30-03-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Hi RS,
    What have you available in the line of universal ceiling mounts for a projector? It does not need to have a long drop (less than 15cm from top of PJ to ceiling).

Thanks,
    Moo

Would you also quote me for Power cable and HDMI cable both 10m? Budget option would be fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

BUMP<----"Little bump"

Anything available from RS? I have my PJ for 4 years and still not mounted but currently have a bee in my bonnet to get it done.

After measuring up I may need a longer drop than i thought, can you let me know what options are available?

Thanks,
    Moo

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BUMP<----"Little bump"

Anything available from RS? I have my PJ for 4 years and still not mounted but currently have a bee in my bonnet to get it done.

After measuring up I may need a longer drop than i thought, can you let me know what options are available?

Thanks,
    Moo

http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/omnimount/wm3-pjt/omni-wm3-pjt

Moo,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - only 4 years - my projector has been sitting on the ruins of an old Quadraspire rack since we moven into our 'decorated' bedroom about 9 years ago :o.

Anyway that Omnimount bracket is excellent and we also stock a TeKSolutions unit that has about a 80mm or 170mm drop that we can do at £30.99?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/omnimount/wm3-pjt/omni-wm3-pjt

Moo,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - only 4 years - my projector has been sitting on the ruins of an old Quadraspire rack since we moven into our 'decorated' bedroom about 9 years ago :o.

Anyway that Omnimount bracket is excellent and we also stock a TeKSolutions unit that has about a 80mm or 170mm drop that we can do at £30.99?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the reply John.
    I measured up last night and the Omnimount looks like it could be perfect but I need to double check, could you PM me your best price on it, please?

Also does the TeKSolutions mount you mentioned look like the one in the attached picture? I couldn't find and info on "TeKSolutions" on the web.

Thanks again,
    Moo

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for the reply John.
    I measured up last night and the Omnimount looks like it could be perfect but I need to double check, could you PM me your best price on it, please?

Also does the TeKSolutions mount you mentioned look like the one in the attached picture? I couldn't find and info on "TeKSolutions" on the web.

Thanks again,
    Moo

Moo,

apologies again for the delay getting back to you - I dont have a file picture of the TekSol but I quoted the wrong price! - It should be £19.95.

On the OMNIMount - the best price I can do is £39 - I forgot to deal with the Mains cable & HDMI issue in my earlier response - on the mains cable I would just go to you local electrical wholesaler, bring along your projector lead and ask them for the correct cable cut to length and also order the connector (Probably a 3 pin, kettle lead type) Alternatively I would recommend that you use a flush mounted switched spur, in a backbox mounted into the ceiling - this is a much neater and safer option for projectors.

On the HDMI cables - I'm afraid that after much bitter experience - I don't subscribe to the a 'HDMI cable is a HDMI cable is a HDMI cable' theory - especially when you are using a long cable with a projector - if you use a long budget cable you MAY leave yourself open to handshake issues - I have seen this very frequently where a budget generic cable is buried into a wall/ceiling - cue handshanking issues which are mysteriously solved by replacement of the generic cable with a decent HDMI - I'm not going to have a prolonged discussion about the standardisation of HDMI - all I cansay is that in my experience - most long budget HDMI cable give problems (especially of course if you have buried them in the wall and you cannot replace the damn things! :mad:)

If you want to be sure that it will handshake and work properly I would recommend this: http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-interconnects/cambridge-audio/hdmi-914-10m/camb-hdmi-914-10m
    at £199.95 it's damn expensive (I can probably work you out a slightly better price) but at least you know it will work! If you are happy to run with a generic lead I can do a decent one at £89.95 in 15mtr from stock - but I would strongly recommend that you check it works prior to burying it!

Apologies for being long winded - keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the advice John, nice price on the Omnimount. I'm just going to recheck my measurements one more time before I commit.

Just for your own info I found the "Omnimount" bracket rebranded as a V7 Univeral Ceiling Mount for much cheaper elsewhere, (your offer this morning is much closer). Even the instructions are the same.

I'll look into HDMI/power cable after I have the mounting sorted but thanks for the info.

Moo

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.