Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faulty Technomate TM-780 receiver - ideas?

• 30-03-2011 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I have a TM-780 receiver that is not picking up any signal (constant 49% strength even when unplugged, no quality at all)...other receivers work fine on the same dish.

Any idea what might cause this?

If it's hardware failure any chance of fixing it by swapping out the LNB in/out connector (I have parts from a couple of different receivers, and I can solder).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

It's not unusual to see a signal strength reading on the screen, even in the absence of any signal. Check that the LNB type in the Technomate is set correctly to universal. If it's not set correctly it will either not power the LNB properly or will use the wrong oscillator offset, resulting in no actual signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DeltaC

I figured that when it was giving 49% with the wire out too :) most receivers seem to give at least 80% as long as they are hooked up, so this suggest to me that the actual LNB connection might be faulty.

LNB was set to "universal" - the whole thing was set up for Hotbird but my dish is pointing at Astra2/Eurobird so after trying to switch satellites without success I went back to factory default to get rid of any setting, but it still won't pick anything up. Cable is fine (other receivers are flawless), tried it on two different lines.

I have tried setting up transponder manually too.

Unless there is another weird little setting I haven't thought of it nearly HAS to be hardware....

Advertisement