Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posing Stools

• 30-03-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭

I am just about to purchase some posing stools, but I am enquiring if someone has the Lastolite Set of 4 Tubs and Cushions, with Bag. these are the ones I am looking at, has anyone on boards got these and would you recommend them as they are pretty expensive
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Fireman wrote: »
    I am just about to purchase some posing stools, but I am enquiring if someone has the Lastolite Set of 4 Tubs and Cushions, with Bag. these are the ones I am looking at, has anyone on boards got these and would you recommend them as they are pretty expensive
    Thanks in advance

Oshead here has them. Send him a pm.

£186 on Amazon!?

Really, is this not the kinda stuff you could buy for a tenner in Argos or Woodies or such?

Edit; also, this thread title is disgusting. The images that ran through my mind at first! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Zxc

Edit; also, this thread title is disgusting. The images that ran through my mind at first! :pac:

You think this thread title is disgusting?
    I nearly choked on my cornflakes reading this thread title: "Rear element smudge"

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Ballyman wrote: »
    Oshead here has them. Send him a pm.

They are good, does what it says on the tin, sturdy, portable and light. Get the white covers for highkey stuff. Mark cleghorn has a half hour video demonstrating them on youtube. They are exactly as he shows. Price is a bit steep though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Fireman

I just had a look at you tube, some good idea's on his video as well, I will defenitely buy them and I will get the white covers while im at it, Thanks for getting back to me Oshead, and sorry about the title everyone I never thought about it like that he! he!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Out of curiosity, what makes them so special? I'm looking at the images and not seeing anything I couldn't knock up in an hour in the workshop for a tenth of the price, or possibly even buy a close analog in a home store for, at most, half the price.
    Is there something specific about the design that I'm not spotting from the images to justify the huge price? The material or shape maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

One of the really nice features is that they "Nest" so they take up very little space when not in use - It's very hard to make stools strong enough that can also nest (at least with my DIY skills).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Just think Russian dolls and you'll get an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I see. I just expected there to be something very specific about them targeted at photographers given they're made (or at least branded) by Lastolite. It wouldn't be massively difficult to make up a set for a fraction of that, but then I guess I'm luckier in having a workshop of appropriate equipment to do it with.
    I've gotten kind of used to seeing the hefty prices for certain studio equipment I want and just building them myself for small fractions of the cost. Conns wanted, I think, €65 for a light-stand clamp to hold a reflector last time I was in there. I ended up manufacturing one for about €5.

Advertisement