Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best multiplayer game available at the moment?

• 30-03-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

I've been switching between MW2 and black ops now for a while and want to try something new.
    Searched here already but brought up all old threads.
    Love the shooters and a good racer.
    Never really played any of the Halo's
    Not mad for spending hours playing campaigns or gameplay that's why I'm asking about multiplayer so.... Any reccomendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Need for Speed hot Pursuit is a good racer online. Race mode is the best with a few extras to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Battlefield Bad Company 2. Better than COD in many peoples opinion (mine included).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Battlefield Bad Company 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

+1 For Bad Company 2

Best online console shooter by miles....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I was looking at BC2 alright, looks good

Anyone know if there will be a F1 11?
    Or is F1 10 worth getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was looking at BC2 alright, looks good

Anyone know if there will be a F1 11?
    Or is F1 10 worth getting?

F1 2010 is great if you're an F1 fan or any description.

It had some bugs when it came out first, but I think they've all been sorted now.

F1'11 is due out in Sept, apparently: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/f1-2011-game-set-for-september-2252616.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

If you have a small group, playing a campaign of L4D or L4D2 is a nice way to spend an evening online. Takes an hour or two if you do a single campaign start to finish or you can break it up in chapters if you have less time. The other gamemodes in L4D2 really mix it up too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Blur is a good mix of racer/shooter but very few playing online. Usually no problem getting a game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Quake Arena Arcade is available on the Marketplace at the moment, but I don't think anyone's playing online anymore. Doom I think used to be available, but it got taken off the Marketplace, due to publishing rights (since id is now owned by Bethesda). Doom II is available though, but I can't really recommend it for online play since no one's playing that too. It does have split screen though. And there's also a sale going on that's reduced it to 400 points, so its a steal.

Brink is also coming out, so you might want to get that if you want something new.

Blur is quite possibly the best multiplayer racer I've ever played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If you want a good mix of CoD / Halo, Crysis 2 multiplayer is surprisingly good. Very fast paced, is definitely a cod clone in how perks work etc. but it suits this style of game better due to the Nano suit...

Highly recommend it!

• Advertisement

Rooney10 wrote: »
    [/B]F1 2010 is great if you're an F1 fan or any description.[/B]

It had some bugs when it came out first, but I think they've all been sorted now.

F1'11 is due out in Sept, apparently: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/f1-2011-game-set-for-september-2252616.html

I am defiantly a huge F1 fan.
    Had a look at crysis 2 and BC2 so im going to get F1 and one of the others.. Anyone got a coin:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Battlefield sale coming up on Xbox in a week or two. You'd be wise to take advantage of it ;)

I think BF:BC2 is still 22.49 on Play.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

1 more vote for battlefield bad company. Me and 2 friends playing death squadmatch all the time. Today brother one of the lads bought xbox to play bc2 with us. And he is a hc pc gamer.

If you got a good friend to play with, using full chat then there is nothing better then bc2 squad deathmatch. Best game mode ever created for multiplayer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Another vote for BC2 here. That game is miles ahead of the rest.

I was a MW2 player myself but am a complete convert to BC2. Took me a while to get used to it but its on a different level imo.

The biggest thing about it for me is the destructable enviorments. Now its sounds gimmicky BUT in multiplayer it can completely change how a map looks so snipers cant just stay in one spot, etc..

Also theres tanks etc as well which again mix things up a bit.

All in all I'd say anyone with a 360 who doesnt own BC2 is missing out big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

What he said,Battlefield Bad Company 2 is easily the best shooter I've ever played on any console.
    Great craic with a few mates and I'm constantly surprised by the stuff that happens.
    I actually wish is had a spectate mode just to watch all the messing (statue-esque recon wannabe's need not apply:) )
    A friend put me on to it just after Christmas and now I've recruited 5 more friends.All former COD players.
    I enjoyed MW2 but always felt it too arcadey and I think Black Ops is the biggest pile of over-hyped under-developed p1ss taking muck.
    If you like shooters, with BF:BC2 you wont be disappointed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Update: yesterday, my friends brother bought an xbox with bc2. He just got sick of hearing us messing around, laughing, screaming like little girls, when tank turns to the direction of the shed you failing to hide in :).

And he was a pure hc pc gamer! He even owns a pc version ( same as me) of bc2 ;) .

IMO best game on xbox at this stage.

Crysis would take a second spot for being prety unique in a sea of cod farmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just bought BF2 on Play.com for €23, sweet, never played before so gonna try find a few boardsies to play with :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

IPAM wrote: »
    Just bought BF2 on Play.com for €23, sweet, never played before so gonna try find a few boardsies to play with :pac:

Plenty of them here:

IRL Boards Clan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

FIFA 11.. CLUBS. END OF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Lamposts wrote: »
    FIFA 11.. CLUBS. END OF.

Lol....'fraid not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is it bad i still rank GTA4 as one of the best online MP games going?
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CMpunked wrote: »
    Is it bad i still rank GTA4 as one of the best online MP games going?
    :o

Not at all, it's got its problems but is a really good laugh with a bunch of friends online. I prefer the Ballad of Gay Tony online over the original though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Not at all, it's got its problems but is a really good laugh with a bunch of friends online. I prefer the Ballad of Gay Tony online over the original though.

For me, its the only game that when i get pissed off with one mode i dont have to go and change the game.
    Like it happens me constantly with the likes of call of duty and all that.

Assassins creed isnt too bad either.

Just picked up a copy of Bad Company 2 for 20 squid:D so might just get another game.
    See you all online later:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Left 4 Dead 2 is still a great game for online if you can get a few friends together for it. Been playing it since release day and it still has us rolling around the place laughing at times. Great stuff/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

Quake Arena Arcade is available on the Marketplace at the moment, but I don't think anyone's playing online anymore.........

i've seen on offer a couple of days ago its pretty awesome:)being playing it all weekend and there are quite a few ppl playing. I remember playing it on the pc ages back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

How good is Crysis 2 online? Looking for a change from black ops and halo.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

crysis 2 is the best online shooter at the moment. maps are a bit smaller than mw or bfbc2 but its a great online game. if its racing games you like you cant beat forza 3. medal of honor is a very good mp game also.bfbc2 is ok but over rated. but when gears of war 3 comes out it will blow the rest of them away if you can wait that long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

da gamer wrote: »
    crysis 2 is the best online shooter at the moment. maps are a bit smaller than mw or bfbc2 but its a great online game. if its racing games you like you cant beat forza 3. medal of honor is a very good mp game also.bfbc2 is ok but over rated. but when gears of war 3 comes out it will blow the rest of them away if you can wait that long!
    LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

LOL

something funny??

Advertisement