Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PAYG for data only (some roaming)?

Options
  • 30-03-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Guess the question is in the title - I've just gotten an iPad 1 which is 3G, and was wondering to save my iPhone from tethering all the time what's the best for *occasional* data use - maybe 5, 6 days a month or something?

I know all along it was Vodafone with the Live APN since they had some deadly value roaming, now that doesn't seem to be the case?

3 looked good for roaming at first, but the list of countries is pathetic.. Nothing competitive for the USA or Germany, the two places I'm most likely to be roaming in the next few weeks..

Am I better to completely compromise data roaming capability, and just buy a PAYG sim in my destination?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

There is no widespread good value PAYG roaming. Get Vodafone bill, a local sim or a Three sim for the few of countries where the Three like home works. Or get a Maxroam sim or other international sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

ardmacha wrote: »
    There is no widespread good value PAYG roaming. Get Vodafone bill, a local sim or a Three sim for the few of countries where the Three like home works. Or get a Maxroam sim or other international sim.
    What I wanted to hear - well, not exactly, but y'know what I mean!
    Went and bought a 3 sim - will at least be of use if I'm in the UK. Otherwise, will rely on buying a local sim..
    Thanks!

Advertisement