Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Service needed?

• 30-03-2011 4:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I have over 1,000 photos to scan and catalog and so far after much much monotonous work I have gotten up to the 200 mark, its extremely slow with each photo taking between 4 to 6 minutes to do, as about 75% of the time I must make two scans to capture the handwritten captions of the reverse also.

A few years ago I was at a trade show in Germany and saw some wonderful devices they have for scanning documents. This is one for photos

I wonder is there anywhere in Ireland that offers this service? To buy a scanner like this is around €850 so is not practical for what is a once off scanning job.

Anyone know anywhere that does this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I scan 6 pictures in one go and software seperates them, makes it much quicker to get them done

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Borderfox wrote: »
    I scan 6 pictures in one go and software seperates them, makes it much quicker to get them done

What software are you using for this? At the moment I am just using Paint (on Win7) and scanning one photo at a time, some of the photos are large, some small, so if I could scan multiple photos at once it would deliver a time saving for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I use the software that came with the scanner. Canon Lide 100 scanner, not the highest resolution but for what I use it for its grand

Advertisement