Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Troops in Contact: The Rionegro Mandate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Unsinnig wrote: »
    From what I've seen, your a bit spas without the aid of drink :D

WHY DO YOU SAY THESE THINGS TO ME, WHEN YOU KNOW I WILL KILL YOU FOR IT?

zodlasers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

WHY DO YOU SAY THESE THINGS TO ME, WHEN YOU KNOW I WILL KILL YOU FOR IT?

zodlasers.jpg

PEW PEW PEW!!!

lasercat.jpg

Let that be a lesson to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

There you go lads to forms sent in and one more to come ;) 25th infantry all the way! Now how do i get onto the forums Discussion Forum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

There you go lads to forms sent in and one more to come ;) 25th infantry all the way! Now how do i get onto the forums Discussion Forum :D

Send a pm with your ticket number to Shane on the milsim forums http://forum.milsimdublin.net/
    Also glad to have you in the 25th :)

Send a pm with your ticket number to Shane on the milsim forums http://forum.milsimdublin.net/
    Also glad to have you in the 25th :)

Haha thanks look forward to fighting side by side ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

You should get a registration email from Mark on Monday with your ticket number. Then just email that to Shane and you will be granted access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Going to try get to this work permitting. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

From RionegroMedia:

Reward increased for capture of Rionegron guerilla leader.
    Updated: Tuesday, 17 May 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
    Published : Tuesday, 17 May 2011, 12:25 PM EDT

Washington DC - The multinational mining services company Gollybruton is adding $50,000 to the reward for information leading to the capture of the self styled "Subcomandante Marko" in the troubled Republic of Rionegro. That brings the total up to $100,000.

Gollybruton's mining and surveying operations in Rionegro have been repeatedly attacked and disrupted by attacks from Marko's Trompeta Guerilla movement in recent months. This has led to the controversial deployment of security personnel from Florida based "Executive Security Solutions" to protect Gollybruton's facilities.

An arrest warrant had been issued by the Rionegron government for the capture of Marko, however with the outbreak of civil war in the troubled Latin American country its pursuit has not been a government priority. There had been rumours that Marko was in negotiation with representatives of the former President Catano about concessions. However since Catano's replacement by Carlos Munoz following illness the new "Republican" government has taken a harder line with the Trompeta Guerilla movement.

Rionegron police have now released two photos of a suspect, and local sources familiar with the man and his organisation tell Reuters there are developments in his pursuit.

wanted_small.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭goblin59

does this mean there might be bounty hunters wandering about too?

goblin59 wrote: »
    does this mean there might be bounty hunters wandering about too?
    What it means is that so called "Subcomandante Marko" is a wanted man. And if a group of concerned citizens or soldiers, or even his own men, decided to do the right thing and hand him over to the authorities, then ESS would compensate them handsomely for that.

It could be one person, it could be many. But remember Marko (if that is his real name) is usually surrounded by his fanatical supporters, and one man would struggle to get close to him.

If is probably worth mentioning that while ESS (the PMCs) are not the biggest, or most heavily armed unit in the Cacoma region of Rionegro, we are are backed by a very very large multinational, and that makes us the wealthiest.
    sparecash.jpg
    We will be making use of all our resources to maximise our advantage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Now that I think of it - that idea is a logistical nightmare.

Don't forget to sign up to your faction specific forums lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

If anyone driving from Limerick could give me a lift, please PM me. I'm an experienced LARPer from Russia and would like to play a Russian journalist; it's OK with the GM and I've played such roles before. (I can chip in for the fuel if needed).

Also, is there a way I could borrow goggles? It would be my first Airsoft game and I don't want to spend a fortune on trying (I don't need a weapon). Alternatively is there a place where I can buy them without breaking the bank? Asking here because if I borrow it will be for the duration of this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

MichaelR wrote: »
    Also, is there a way I could borrow goggles? It would be my first Airsoft game and I don't want to spend a fortune on trying (I don't need a weapon). Alternatively is there a place where I can buy them without breaking the bank? Asking here because if I borrow it will be for the duration of this game.

We have spare goggles and facemasks on site. You can borrow one no problem at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Thanks a lot, Marko! That's one problem down. I don't need much of a costume for this role (a journalist wears civvies), so the goggles sort me out.

Now just to find transportation and I'm good to get a ticket :)

By the way: are any civilians registered now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

MichaelR wrote: »
    By the way: are any civilians registered now?

Yes we have some civis already signed up. When you get your confirmation email with ticket number you will recieve access to your private forum where you can interact/plan with your fellow civilians. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

One question along the same lines :p
    Hows the Engineers team coming along, many signed up?

lperrozzi wrote: »
    One question along the same lines :p
    Hows the Engineers team coming along, many signed up?
    Not enough Luca - make it one more! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Bah, if I arrive on the day as the only engineer Lefty I'll make your suffering my sole purpose for the weekend :D

• Advertisement

lperrozzi wrote: »
    Bah, if I arrive on the day as the only engineer Lefty I'll make your suffering my sole purpose for the weekend :D
    With you that makes 4 with space for another 6, I think. Besides you'll be on the same side as me :P

A little word on numbers. This is the first time something like this has been tried in Ireland, so we wanted to aim for something bigger than has been tried (as a story driven game) before, but not so high we were going to look silly when there were 300 unsold tickets at the end of the day.

We set ourselves a target of around 100 players, and we balanced each unit around that. But we would like to see 150-200 players (Bellurgan park can certainly accommodate 1 player per acre I think). If the ticket demand was there we have always planned to release more tickets for some units.

I am not entirely sure where we are at the moment, as our hardworking REMFs are handling the actual logistics. But I can tell you we will definitely hit the target numbers, probably by the weekend. And that means that every unit will be full.

After that it becomes a case of seeing who will go into the field in platoon strength rather than squad...

lads quick question here too how long is it taking you to sort out forms atm?

lads quick question here too how long is it taking you to sort out forms atm?
    I think we are a little behind. Let me see what can be done to expedite matters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

If all the places are full up will there be more tickets availible later on?

I haven't been having the best luck with both of my guns broken twice recently.

richieffff wrote: »
    If all the places are full up will there be more tickets availible later on?

I haven't been having the best luck with both of my guns broken twice recently.
    Bummer on that. When the first tranche of tickets is sold out we will probably release a second set, but not for all units. There will be no extra tickets for Special Forces, Guerillas or the PMCs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Cheers, I'll be looking to join the heavies anyway, depending on if I can fix my guns myself this time will determin when I can pay, may consider selling some spare gear on the adverts though should get me that bit closer.

Thought I'd throw my thumb out now (before the 11th hour approaches) and see if I can rob a lift off someone (there and back, ahem).

I'm based in Sandyford, finish work at 1pm on the Friday (in case you're looking to go up on the Friday afternoon). I'll throw in a few snots for petrol and you get my good banter for free.

Takers? (gwaaaaannnnnn)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Are many people there on the friday? I get in from Tel Aviv on friday night around 10, it's around the same drive for me to go home as to bellurgan :-)

me and to other lads will be landing on the friday a drive down from donegal to set up a tent and go right into the game might be much on saterday so friday night few beers get to know the friendlys! And intimidate our foes! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Terry I shall see you Friday my friend :D Think there's a few of us heading up on Friday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

A few of the organisers will be there on Friday in any case.

If you haven't booked a place already this is a heads up that the reduced €45 fee* will only apply until next Tuesday 31st of May. From Wednesday it will be €55.

So put off the pints this weekend and blow the last of the pay check on your booking!

* €45 if you pay in one go. It's €55 if you just pay a deposit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

Harveey wrote: »
    Terry I shall see you Friday my friend :D Think there's a few of us heading up on Friday :)

ill be down on the friday too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Im down on the friday aswell with 3 others :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Just paid and registered myself and a friend for ESS. (sure what else would one do at 3am?:P)

Looking forward to this immensely!!!! :D

Edit: ESS is full isn't it? :(.... My hopes and dreams as a soldier of fortune dead before they had a chance....

KonFusion wrote: »
    Just paid and registered myself and a friend for ESS. (sure what else would one do at 3am?:P)

Looking forward to this immensely!!!! :D

Edit: ESS is full isn't it? :(.... My hopes and dreams as a soldier of fortune dead before they had a chance....

Bad news, I am afraid it is full. The pure milsim unit with space is the Engineers. But don't let the name fool you. They won't be digging latrines, and putting up bridges. They will have more to do with supporting special
    Republicano projects.

The other units with space are the Republicano Penitent brigade (the hi-cap unit), there are a few spaces left in the Presidential Light Infantry. On the Patriota side the Heavies still have space.

aw sound lads me and 2 other lads from donegal will be landing down sometime after 6 or when ever we land. Much needed run to airsoft eire first tho lol.
    Who you fighting for harveey. Id hate to have to shoot you when the war starts :P
    Not to botherd about shooting you cathal ;P

aw sound lads me and 2 other lads from donegal will be landing down sometime after 6 or when ever we land. Much needed run to airsoft eire first tho lol.
    Who you fighting for harveey. Id hate to have to shoot you when the war starts :P
    Not to botherd about shooting you cathal ;P

thanks terry ^^
    we team up and hunt harvey :P

• Advertisement

thanks terry ^^
    we team up and hunt harvey :P

sounds like a plan what unit you in?

Whats the easiest way to get to the site using public transport from dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

sliabh wrote: »
    Bad news, I am afraid it is full. The pure milsim unit with space is the Engineers. But don't let the name fool you. They won't be digging latrines, and putting up bridges. They will have more to do with supporting special
    Republicano projects.

The other units with space are the Republicano Penitent brigade (the hi-cap unit), there are a few spaces left in the Presidential Light Infantry. On the Patriota side the Heavies still have space.

Threw down light infantry as 2nd option on the form so I guess I''ll be with them assuming numbers don't fill before I'm processed. If they do I'd be happy with the Engineers. Quite enjoy the 'ole milsim :D

the penitant brigade :)
    what about you? :p

Now now Cathal you have to find me first ;)

okay , ill find a river....and wait for you to fall in it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

goblin59 wrote: »
    Whats the easiest way to get to the site using public transport from dublin?

Get the 100x from in front of the customs house and then either get the 161 to Carlingford and ask to get off at the site entrance or a taxi ask if they'll do it for a tenner

Dublin to Dundalk

Dundalk to Carlingford

Paul

From Rionegro Media:

Judicial source: Domiguan’s deny knowledge of arms sent to Rionegro May 24, 2011 01:46 AM
    By Carl Jacobsson The Daily Star

Porto Neuevo: Following the broadcast of confessions made by two Domiguans allegedly involved in arms smuggling, Domiguan officials denied having any knowledge of weapons being sent from Domigua to Rionegro, a senior judicial source told The Daily Star Monday.

The Domiguan judiciary cannot pursue any action on the accusations of arms smuggling that came out of the televised confessions, the source said in reference to the interviews, which were broadcast Sunday on Rionegron state television, of two alleged members of a “terrorist cell” that transported arms from Domigua into Rionegro. One of the two men, who were reportedly arrested in the city of San Pedro on charges of terrorism and vandalism of government property, claimed that weapons, which were being distributed in Rionegro, originated in Domigua.

San Pedro resident Daniel Mejia said he coordinated the distribution of weapons in Rionegro after he and a number of other Rionegros received the weapons from Domigua, the Rionegro National News Agency quoted Mejia as saying in a broadcast interview.
    “The weapons were arriving from Domigua,” he said. “Paulo Coralles used to go to the border area to bring them to San Pedro.”

The Rionegro “Republican” regime led by Carlos Munoz had earlier accused members of the Royal Domiguan Government of providing funding to groups in Rionegro to lead protests against the regime.

king_fernando.jpg Over the weekend, the King Fernando of Domigua expressed “deep sympathy” for the families and friends of people killed, injured and displaced by the civil war in Rionegro. He also restated his offer to host and mediate peace talks between the rival factions of “Republican” Carlos Munoz and “Patriot” Juan Veron.

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Daily Star on May 24, 2011, on page 2.

the penitant brigade :)
    what about you? :p

me and 2 mates are in the 25th light infantry. Looks like we will be fighting for the same cause lol.

Yeah im going to make camp beside a river and wait for the splash. We will hear harvey coming from a mile off :P
    :rolleyes:

Lucky there are no rivers ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement