Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Troops in Contact: The Rionegro Mandate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

#rionegro seems to be busy, so I am going to suggest #cacoma for people looking to tweet from Rionegro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

sliabh wrote: »
    #rionegro seems to be busy, so I am going to suggest #cacoma for people looking to tweet from Rionegro.

Might get my tweet on from the event , probably be something like

TheDoc : LoL brapped two lads
    TheDoc : O LOLS another two
    TheDoc : Haha just got @irefayer, hes so ****
    TheDoc : @Kevteljeur retweet this, I'm awesome, seriously, this is epic !
    TheDoc : @Moggser cant believe you didnt come, bottler
    TheDoc : @Evilrobotshane Here theres some dick acting the mickey over here, find me on latitude and sort it out
    TheDoc : @gerrowadat youd be raging man, backstory is immense, just found a journal with epic lore, hows israel shot at yet ?
    TheDoc : @Eirsoft, **** sake, here objective is to disable a laptop controlling a scud system, got root ssh going but whats the "turn off scuds" terminal command
    TheDoc : **** sake, piston just stripped itself , @rich , how do I open an m4 body, licking it isnt working
    TheDoc : @Kevteljeur have you told people I've won yet?
    TheDoc : Raging its over, back to work tomorrow, and if you didnt know, my jobs poxy

Hashtags #fayis**** #faygotcaptured #merc4life #brappage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

TheDoc wrote: »
    Might get my tweet on from the event , probably be something like

TheDoc : LoL brapped two lads
    TheDoc : O LOLS another two
    TheDoc : Haha just got @irefayer, hes so ****
    TheDoc : @Kevteljeur retweet this, I'm awesome, seriously, this is epic !
    TheDoc : @Moggser cant believe you didnt come, bottler
    TheDoc : @Evilrobotshane Here theres some dick acting the mickey over here, find me on latitude and sort it out
    TheDoc : @gerrowadat youd be raging man, backstory is immense, just found a journal with epic lore, hows israel shot at yet ?
    TheDoc : @Eirsoft, **** sake, here objective is to disable a laptop controlling a scud system, got root ssh going but whats the "turn off scuds" terminal command
    TheDoc : **** sake, piston just stripped itself , @rich , how do I open an m4 body, licking it isnt working
    TheDoc : @Kevteljeur have you told people I've won yet?
    TheDoc : Raging its over, back to work tomorrow, and if you didnt know, my jobs poxy

Hashtags #fayis**** #faygotcaptured #merc4life #brappage

LOL None of that will work when you have to tweet for tech support as normal!
    If you get an objective to disable something technical all you have to do is touch it!

As for getting me.... ha ha ha ha ha! I'm on that really small team of epic bad-asses, don't piss us off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭tadcan

I'll probably have a #ingame tag for tweets that are in character and part of the game world. Remember this is a modern battlefield, the media and world opinion is watching you!

fayer wrote: »
    LOL None of that will work when you have to tweet for tech support as normal!
    If you get an objective to disable something technical all you have to do is touch it!

As for getting me.... ha ha ha ha ha! I'm on that really small team of epic bad-asses, don't piss us off!

How badass exactly? Bad ass as a PMC faction?

I've got Gar, he has handlebars and stuffs babies up his sleeves to look buff.....you havnt got a chance !

He is on the Special Forces. They will be to busy crawlling through the mud and trying to sort out who's p1ss is who's before they drink it to tweet.

sliabh wrote: »
    He is on the Special Abilities.

Much more badass! PMC's are baby sitters, that is Shane's sly way of getting someone to look after the kids :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

If the Civilian / Guerilla faction don't have a radio (MP3/CD player) blasting out cheesy latin american beats in Cocoma Village, I'm going to be bitterly disappointed! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Most users ever online was 16 on Tue 14 Jun, 2011 7:08 pm on the Milsim Dublin forums.
    Good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

I hope it will the best airsoft event in Ireland! Want to believe!

ASI Casper wrote: »
    If the Civilian / Guerilla faction don't have a radio (MP3/CD player) blasting out cheesy latin american beats in Cocoma Village, I'm going to be bitterly disappointed! ;)

I would say its more likely to be this blasting out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

AirsoftEire are now offering a 10% discount to all Rionegro Mandate players! Just quote your name and ticket number when ordering in store or online. They will also be opening shop at 9 on Saturday morning as apposed to 11 for any last minute buys.

Their will also be a burger van on site from 6pm-1am Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Probably been answered already, but from what time can people arrive on the Friday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

KonFusion wrote: »
    Probably been answered already, but from what time can people arrive on the Friday??

Around 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭goblin59

how far away is the shop from the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

fayer wrote: »
    I would say its more likely to be this blasting out

Nope.
    This:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

Sorry lads put ill have speakers straped to my back blasting out this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvkzp3vcXN8&feature=fvwrel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Anyone have one of them G36 magwell adapters I could rob for the weekend? You know, the one that allows the use of M4 mags? Gwaaaannnnn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

• Advertisement

http://in-cacoma.blogspot.com/2011/06/build-up-and-blockade.html

Build up and blockade
    So this is it, whatever negotiation could have happened is off the table. From talking with people around cocoma the soldiers are preparing to fight. The local men still loyal to Munoz have been digging in. No one is allowed nearby as they are nervous of people observing what exactly they are doing. Rumour is spreading that something bigger is happening, as the men don't seem to be their normal selves. This S.America, there are rumour and theories when a man goes to the toilet. When the government has such little regard for the truth, the people make up their own. Following these reports Guerillas have been move off the mountain to observe their positions and if possible push them down. They after all need the advantage of the mountain to face the bigger forces moving below. Patriota forces have come in now also to observe the digging in and gather information. For now they seem to be smaller units that can move quickly and have avoided direct confrontation. This false peace has only a few days left. For now we still have access to the local town, where food and some medicines can be purchased. Food has been stocked up, but only God knows if it will be enough.

Does anybody have a cure for exasperation at the site of fools following a pointless path.
    A resident of cocoma

Unsinnig wrote: »
    Anyone have one of them G36 magwell adapters I could rob for the weekend? You know, the one that allows the use of M4 mags? Gwaaaannnnn!

im heading to mia and quality airsoft on friday if you want me to pick you up one and you pay me when i arrive

Can anyone pick up/bring a dean's to tamiya connector? For loan or for purchase?

Will pay :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Can anyone pick up/bring a dean's to tamiya connector? For loan or for purchase?

Will pay :)
    Deans on the gun or battery?

goblin59 wrote: »
    im heading to mia and quality airsoft on friday if you want me to pick you up one and you pay me when i arrive

Cheers for the offer, but I only need a loaner. I'm robbing a G36 off Paul for the game, so buying a magwell adapter would be €15 down the toilet as I'd never use it again.

Cheers any way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Cheers for the offer, but I only need a loaner. I'm robbing a G36 off Paul for the game, so buying a magwell adapter would be €15 down the toilet as I'd never use it again.

I think I have one lying around that you can have for the weekend mate. Just be aware that not all mags or aegs will feed with these...but hey, maybe you're a lucky sod :pac:

TNTQ wrote: »
    I think I have one lying around that you can have for the weekend mate. Just be aware that not all mags or aegs will feed with these...but hey, maybe you're a lucky sod :pac:

You, good sir, are a legend. Will be on site as of Friday, just ask Paul, Mark or Shane to point me out (ask for Warren), or I'll be floating around on Saturday asking "Anyone know yerwaaaaaaannn from QAS?". Fingers crossed that my Marui mids will work with said adaptor and aeg :D

Cheers

would i be allowed use flour on site in my M203 grenade as a sort of smoke grenade?

Iv never used it before so thought it would be a fun experiment to try.

or would the site have a problem with seeing baking flour on the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

http://in-cacoma.blogspot.com/2011/06/recap.html

Recap
    There have been requests from people new to what is happening for an explanation of why the civil war is happening. Up until recently President Catano led the country. Then news came that he was seriously wounded in a hunting accident. What exactly happened is unclear, journalists have tried to investigate, but as with many things that happen around powerful people, it is dangerous to speak out. All we know is the official word, an accident happened, he is in a coma. Was he shot, did he fall down a cliff, who knows.

Then vice-president Munoz became the head of the country, this is to be expected. His policies were not popular and people protested against them. Many who voted for Catano especially did not like what he did. To stop these wide spread protests, Munoz used the army and declared a state of emergency. This is normally used for a natural disaster and against not people. The common opinion is Munoz, a former member of the army is in fact conducting an armed takeover. He ignores the normal process, advices from the Judges and people who know the law. General Vernon, who had not been much known to the public before, declared that he would not allow this and wanted to restore the constitution and the rule of law. This effectively split the army down the middle. So now it seems our country hovers between a dictatorship or a democracy. In this day and age, with democracy being protested for across the world, it seems unbelievable that we might return to it.

He who seeks revenge must first dig two graves. He who wants peace in war must first dig a grave for his family.
    A resident of cocoma

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Deans on the gun or battery?

gun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow. I hope you all have fun, you jammy bastages :D

Remember, play hard, play fair and take your hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Tommyboy71 wrote: »

Remember, play hard, play fair and take your hits.

Yes mammy! :D:D:D

Ill be landing tomorrow at 7pm. Ill see all you lovely people friday night and saturday morning =D

Shall be there Friday at around 8 myself. Keep an eye out for a guy in fleck with a black beret :D

Looking forward to this so much :pac:

Shall be there Friday at around 8 myself. Keep an eye out for a guy in fleck with a black beret :D

Looking forward to this so much :pac:

Tall guy with ww2 helmet on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

By the looks of things this is turning into a sun-screen & gortex kinda weekend :D

Out Of Office.

Thank you for your email. I am sorry I can't respond at the moment as I am travelling to Rionegro. I will try to respond to you before I depart for our field office. Communication there is limited to satelite phone so I will be out of contact for extended periods of time.

If your query is urgent please contact our corporate headquarters in Washington.

Regards

Sliabh
    - Field Operations Manager, Rionegro.

• Advertisement

By the looks of things this is turning into a sun-screen & gortex kinda weekend :D
    Cheers nearly forgot that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Have a great weekend guys. Sorry I can't be there.

Saturday I'm on a stag do and Sunday will be spending Fathers day with my girls.

But I am gutted I can't be over there.

Best of luck and I hope the weather holds out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Harveey

Heading up in a few hours, LOCK'N'LOAD ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Sorry dude - we've scoured the shop and can't find it!

http://in-cacoma.blogspot.com/2011/06/twittering-birds-hide-from-rain.html

Twittering birds hide from the rain
    Today has been a long day. Heavy rain fell for much of it, sending most people into hiding. I had many things to do despite the mud, the cold and eventually the rain soaked cloths. My contact came through for the phone, after great difficulty, for a time it looked like it may not happen. Without the support of people who want to get the word out, I could not have got this far. I may get some video as well. It will take time to learn these new things, but so far, no major problems. My twitter name is @In_Cocoma, follow me for news of the war. With #cocoma you can search for news. Do not worry I will still write the blog for detailed news.

#cocoma testing acc. Quiet today, heavy rain, sunshine now, Outlook is war
    A resident of cocoma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Best of luck this weekend guys, pissed off I can't go.... but there is always next time!:);)

Oh and watch out for Tiny he's got a cracking shot and he's a master at camouflage :eek::eek::D

Bren:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Best of luck to everyone taking part in this event for the weekend, and hope the weather holds up for you all.
    Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Best of luck to everyone and hoping the weather holds out for the weekend. Am gutted that FireKitten & I couldn't attend in the end.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Lemming wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone and hoping the weather holds out for the weekend. Am gutted that FireKitten & I couldn't attend in the end.

Ditto , a weekend of helping puding move from the ass end of nowhere into civilisation instead awaits me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

Mad I could not go, I put the child of Prague out in the garden to hold off the rain, seems to have worked, best of luck to all, hope it's a great 27 hours, see you at the next one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

BATTLE REPORT:

.............F*CK THAT IM GOING TO BED!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement