Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallpaper around Toilet Bowl.

• 30-03-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

The wife has me wall papering our downstairs loo (a small room, as they tend to be, hardly room to swing a cat).

I'm just thinking what are peoples thoughts on wallpapering around, or near, a W.C. My wife, as women tend to do, says ' it will be fine, don't be looking for an excuse to down tools, just keep going, I want it done by tomorrow '. I, on the other hand, say 'look at the damp patch on the new wallpaper, that's the paste seeping through, so the bloody thing is porous, what about when the kids aim isn't up to scratch and they whizz on the paper'.

So my current plan is to put a row of tiles around the WC. But I was just wondering if anyone there has an innovative solution (I was even thinking of maybe using some matt varnish to seal the paper).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

I would tile it: take off the cistern and tile behind it down to the floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Not only the wizzing problem, but when you use spray cleaner on the toilet you tend to get over spray and it will ruin the wall paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Same as some people put carpets on the (bathroom)floor
    Dont do it tiles are easier to keep the room clean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

ya carpet on the bathroom floor is just wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭youtheman

I've just decided to paint the wall, floor to ceiling, behind the WC, and then paper both side walls. Hopefully they will compliment each other.

Totally agree with the carpet on the floor. Reminds me when I was a teenager, I came home late one night and decided to go for a pee without turning on the lights (my father was a very light sleeper). Approached the bog and used my knees to centre myself. Starter to pee and was expecting to hear either one of two familiar sounds a) the water or b) ceramic. But I was greeted by a totally new sound. So I adjusted my aim up, then down, then right and finally left. Still the same unfamiliar sound. So I halted proceedings and reached down only to find the furry lid down on the jacks. Folks never asked me where it disappeared to !!!!.

• Advertisement
Advertisement