Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is responsible for getting rid of mice - the tenant or landlord?

Options
  • 30-03-2011 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

So whos job is it, there are holes in the room where the mouse is getting in, i dont want to fill them for fear of doing damage, i asked the landlord to sort it and he said he would last week, i rang again and he said itd be done the next day, this was two days ago, should i keep ringing til he sorts it? I mean i cant put my clothes in my cupboard cause thats where the hole is, sso im like living out of a suitcase and its driving me mental!! Im paying for mice to live in my room, the rent is due soon, can i withhold it til he sorts it? Move out without breaking the lease?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Blusher wrote: »
    So whos job is it, there are holes in the room where the mouse is getting in, i dont want to fill them for fear of doing damage, i asked the landlord to sort it and he said he would last week, i rang again and he said itd be done the next day, this was two days ago, should i keep ringing til he sorts it? I mean i cant put my clothes in my cupboard cause thats where the hole is, sso im like living out of a suitcase and its driving me mental!! Im paying for mice to live in my room, the rent is due soon, can i withhold it til he sorts it? Move out without breaking the lease?

Its down to you to rid the house of mice however its up to the landlord to fix any structural damage and fixtures and fittings so the hole in the wardrobe is up to him as for rent both threshold and prtb will advise you to continue paying rent and no he hasnt broken lease so if you move out you have
    best advise is ring him and if he is doing nothing get threshold to ring him for you (ring the one in galway or cork, the dublin one is always engaged) as for living out of a suitcase it sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

id call in the pied piper of hamelin

Advertisement