Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from USA to Ireland

Options
  • 30-03-2011 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

How much would it cost to send a letter from the USA to Ireland? My friend looked some things up and said it would cost $10 in stamps. This is strange to me because I sent her a package and a letter for less than 5 Euro down in the post office. We're both a bit confused by it all.

Would love if someone can help us out. She lives in Georgia and I live in Dublin if that helps.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

I've sent quite a few letters from GA to Dublin.

According to USPS, it would cost $2.66. Look here.

I don't usually know the cost, but I always recall that it takes 6 stamps (44c ea).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It would depend how large and heavy the letter is, but yes, international mail from the USA is expensive. The link above will give you all the available options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Thank you ! I'll pass this information on.

:)

Advertisement