Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI scraps ticket bundling policy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

CiaranC wrote: »
    They should let the ole olers pay full whack, they only go to a handful of games a year and can afford it, then distribute another 10 thousand to LOI season ticket holders at a reduced price. Put all these LOI fans in one area of the ground. Then Id go.

Why? Other than this, I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Id just prefer to be among people who regularly attend football games. The atmosphere is better. I see these YBIG lads seem to be trying to get something going there now. Half the reason I stopped going was because people around us were telling us to sit down, stop singing etc, it was like watching football in a library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

People forked out €350 because they thought it represented value at the time. What they are getting will not have changed one iota, so there's absolutely no way they should be entitled to a refund if prices subsequently drop.

If you buy a flight to the US with Aer Lingus for €600. And then they drop the price to €400, do you think you should get a €200 refund? Of course not.

If you buy a TV in Harvey Norman's for €500, and then the following week you see its reduced to €350, do you look for a refund? Of course not.

If Harvey Norman sold me a TV and said this is will be the price of the TV for the next year and then reduced the price yes of course I would look for a refund! Who wouldn't??

There was a price list done out with the prices that the tickets would be for the games. The season ticket was based on the prices for this game.

You are suggesting that the FAI should treat block bookers and season ticket holders like crap. Who the hell would renew their subscription next year if they don't get a refund next year. There would be even less people at friendlies and against the weeker teams in the qualifiers.

You obviously haven't a clue how to run a business or deal with customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

The problem is that the ole olers aren't paying. The stadium is half empty.

It's not even about the recession. Even if the whole country was minted, 45e is too expensive to watch a midweek friendly. People can afford it, but it's not value for money.

€45 were the most expensive non-box tickets.

Ireland games have ALWAYS been expensive. During previous recessions people forked out to see them play in the old LR or Dalyer. Now they won't in the new Aviva. There is more to this than just ticket prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ireland games have ALWAYS been expensive. During previous recessions people forked out to see them play in the old LR or Dalyer. Now they won't in the new Aviva. There is more to this than just ticket prices.

Why do you think people have stopped going?

The problem is that the ole olers aren't paying. The stadium is half empty.

It's not even about the recession. Even if the whole country was minted, 45e is too expensive to watch a midweek friendly. People can afford it, but it's not value for money.

€30 were the chepest tickets.

Problem with most football "fans" in this country is that they would rather watch a football game in the comfort of their armchair or barstool than in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

More chance that they are regular match-goers and used to drumming up a bit of atmosphere. Makes sense to arrange seating so that the older/with kids/less used to matches demographic can be away from the people that want to stand and sing and vice-versa. I moved my block-book seats in CP midway through the last WC campaign from a more staid section to the area directly above where the LOI support were being encouraged to go and the atmo was definitely better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

doncarlos wrote: »
    €30 were the chepest tickets.

Problem with most football "fans" in this country is that they would rather watch a football game in the comfort of their armchair or barstool than in the flesh.

Yeah, I know. €30 is too much for the cheapest tickets for a midweek friendly. The timing already excludes most people from outside Dublin, and it's too expensive for those who can make it to be an impulse buy.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Why do you think people have stopped going?

Two reasons.

1: Real fans like you and I got sick of it, being told to sit down etc by some gimp 'supporting' Ireland in a Man U shirt, and have given up.

2: The barstoolers are becoming more extreme in their barstooling and not going to any games, whether here or overseas.

The Gah and rugby have had well publicised attendence issues too.

But that said, if we are in with a shout of qualifying, you watch the bandwagon roll again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its obvious that alot of people dont have the same interest in International Football anymore. International Football used to be without question the pinnacle of football, now it has been eroded by the obscene money paid to players at club level.

Look at the difference in attitude between Ghana and England the other night. The Ghanians attitude represents what international football used to be about and England's reflects the current attitude amongst the high ranking countries. This has feeded into the fans attitudes and they couldn't arsed either like some of the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Capacity and quality may have had something to do with it.

What capacity was Dalymount Pk prior to the move to Lansdown Rd in the early 80s ?

It may have been packed, but how many did it hold.

Pre Euro 88 you had smallish crowds in Lansdowne, I think less than 20k went to see Irelan v Brazil in 1987.

Obviously you had sell-outs in the Charlton era and into the McCarthy years but the capacity of LR was well under 50k and even smaller for competitive games once they were required to be all seater.

Now you have a 50k stadium, an average team and a recession, so I don't think you can really compare how full the stadium is now with 30 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Dempsey wrote: »
    Its obvious that alot of people dont have the same interest in International Football anymore. International Football used to be without question the pinnacle of football, now it has been eroded by the obscene money paid to players at club level.

Look at the difference in attitude between Ghana and England the other night. The Ghanians attitude represents what international football used to be about and England's reflects the current attitude amongst the high ranking countries. This has feeded into the fans attitudes and they couldn't arsed either like some of the players

If we had a team that was regularly qualifying for tournaments, like between 88 and 94, then you would have an awful lot more people 'interested' in international football.

€30 is too much for the cheapest tickets for a midweek friendly.

€30 is too much to spend on five pints midweek when I watch the match in the pub.

Only one of these excuses will have been used by people. I'll let you decide which one. ;)

€30 is too much to spend on five pints midweek when I watch the match in the pub.

Only one of these excuses will have been used by people. I'll let you decide which one. ;)

I don't think the pubs were packed on Tuesday night with people watching the match. And at least those that were in the pubs got a good view of the game and 5 pints for their trouble. Many in the Aviva (myself included) had neither!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

If Harvey Norman sold me a TV and said this is will be the price of the TV for the next year and then reduced the price yes of course I would look for a refund! Who wouldn't??

There was a price list done out with the prices that the tickets would be for the games. The season ticket was based on the prices for this game.

The price list the FAI gave out was current prices. There was no promise that prices would not go up or down in the meantime.

Each individual who agreed to buy at those prices thought it was a deal worth doing.
    You are suggesting that the FAI should treat block bookers and season ticket holders like crap. Who the hell would renew their subscription next year if they don't get a refund next year. There would be even less people at friendlies and against the weeker teams in the qualifiers.

That's just typical Irish begrudery.
    You did a deal which you were fine with at the time. But subsequently someone gets a different deal and you go mad!

I'm talking about a permanent drop in prices until demand dictates otherwise. So next time early bookers will be dealing with lower prices. Again, it'll be up to everyone to determine whether the deal is good enough for them.

You obviously haven't a clue how to run a business or deal with custmers
    Nice!

You're exactly right. You'll never find any business offering any kind of sale for their product. How on earth could they ever attract back people who'd bought at a different price??

Oh wait... there might be one or two businesses who do that... :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Two reasons.

1: Real fans like you and I got sick of it, being told to sit down etc by some gimp 'supporting' Ireland in a Man U shirt, and have given up.

2: The barstoolers are becoming more extreme in their barstooling and not going to any games, whether here or overseas.

The Gah and rugby have had well publicised attendence issues too.

But that said, if we are in with a shout of qualifying, you watch the bandwagon roll again.

Of course your personal experiences are the fundamental reasons for the demise in attendances at the international matches ! I would also like to see emperical evidence that Irish attendances at oversees international & club games are declining. I would be amazed if you back that one up at all.

How many Irish fans ever attended international games in Manchester United shirts ? It was a sporadic few, and an exception as opposed to a rule. Naturally, the same fans just happened to be in your vicinity everytime Ireland were playing, and kept telling you to sit down. Pull the other one.

Your first paragraph would seem to suggest that you have stopped attending international. Perhaps you should reference this "holier then thou" attitude which is prevalent in your ilk, when considering the reasons behind declining international attendances.

There are other reasons which should be canvassed

1)The percieved "negativity" of Trappatoni's management style, which has often led to poor games, and criticism from fans.
    2)The ludicrious jump in prices for International Soccer matches of whatever hue. (In 2002 Terrace tickets cost 15-20 Euro, with Schoolboy East Terrace Tickets costing as little as 5 Euro)
    3)The recessionary times in which we find ourselves.
    4)Declining interest in the International Game from all quarters, including players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If we had a team that was regularly qualifying for tournaments, like between 88 and 94, then you would have an awful lot more people 'interested' in international football.

Oh they still go to the Aviva but they follow the Rugby now. You'll easily notice them in the crowd, they boo the kicker when he's kicking at goal :pac:

The stuff about ManU jerseys and being told to keep quiet is just isolated incidents (that usually happened to a friend of a friend) that people seem to enjoy regurgitating and hyperventilating about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Copy of an e-mail I sent to the FAI after the game. No response obv.

I went to this match. I bought a ticket from Ticketmaster. The seat was in the north stand behind the goal, row E, gate 135.

The reason for this e-mail is the problems I had.

I had not been to a match at the Aviva stadium. I had been to internationals at Lansdowne Road years ago.
    The Ticketmaster website said I should collect the ticket at the box office. Now it did not say on their website where the box office was. It does not say on the FAI website where the ticketmaster box office is at the Aviva stadium.

I assumed the box office was in the stadium. Surely in a new modern facility locating the box office in the stadium would be part of the planning?

I asked stewards at the Lansdowne Road / Shelbourne Road junction. They looked at my seat information (I had written the purchase order number, seat location: block; row; seat on a piece of paper). They were unsure but when I said north end they directed me to the next entrance at Lansdowne Lane. Here the stewards told me to go to the Bath Avenue entrance.

After walking a bit towards Bath Avenue I asked someone and they said I had to collect the ticket first or I would not be let in. I went back and asked a steward at Lansdowne Lane and he said I need to go to the ticket van at the Lansdowne Road/ Shelbourne Road junction. At that junction I asked more stewards and they said the ticket van is where it always is. Now that was not very helpful. They said it was back at the Northumberland Road / Lansdowne Road junction. I went there and queued for a while.

When I asked the first steward I was fifteen minutes early. When I sat in my seat the match was 21 minutes in progress.

kincsem wrote: »
    Copy of an e-mail I sent to the FAI after the game. No response obv.

I went to this match. I bought a ticket from Ticketmaster. The seat was in the north stand behind the goal, row E, gate 135.

The reason for this e-mail is the problems I had.

I had not been to a match at the Aviva stadium. I had been to internationals at Lansdowne Road years ago.
    The Ticketmaster website said I should collect the ticket at the box office. Now it did not say on their website where the box office was. It does not say on the FAI website where the ticketmaster box office is at the Aviva stadium.

I assumed the box office was in the stadium. Surely in a new modern facility locating the box office in the stadium would be part of the planning?

I asked stewards at the Lansdowne Road / Shelbourne Road junction. They looked at my seat information (I had written the purchase order number, seat location: block; row; seat on a piece of paper). They were unsure but when I said north end they directed me to the next entrance at Lansdowne Lane. Here the stewards told me to go to the Bath Avenue entrance.

After walking a bit towards Bath Avenue I asked someone and they said I had to collect the ticket first or I would not be let in. I went back and asked a steward at Lansdowne Lane and he said I need to go to the ticket van at the Lansdowne Road/ Shelbourne Road junction. At that junction I asked more stewards and they said the ticket van is where it always is. Now that was not very helpful. They said it was back at the Northumberland Road / Lansdowne Road junction. I went there and queued for a while.

When I asked the first steward I was fifteen minutes early. When I sat in my seat the match was 21 minutes in progress.

I was also late because I had to pick up tickets. Main access to the stadium is via Dart, so why is the ticket collection van (van! wtf?) a 10-15 minutes walk away?

• Advertisement

The price list the FAI gave out was current prices. There was no promise that prices would not go up or down in the meantime.

Each individual who agreed to buy at those prices thought it was a deal worth doing.

I have a letter from the FAI stating that this is the price of the games. So yes I have it in writing what the prices will be. Many people bought season tickets based on what the prices of the games would be.
    That's just typical Irish begrudery.
    You did a deal which you were fine with at the time. But subsequently someone gets a different deal and you go mad!
    I'm talking about a permanent drop in prices until demand dictates otherwise. So next time early bookers will be dealing with lower prices. Again, it'll be up to everyone to determine whether the deal is good enough for them.

Of course I'd go mad and it's hardly begrudery. Plenty of people parted with €350+ for tickets based on the price list IN WRITING from the FAI. If they introduce cheaper tickets they have broken a contract. The National Consumer Agency would have a field day

Nice!

You're exactly right. You'll never find any business offering any kind of sale for their product. How on earth could they ever attract back people who'd bought at a different price??

Oh wait... there might be one or two businesses who do that... :P

So are you really saying you have no problem paying much more for the exact same product as someone else?? :rolleyes:

Het-Field wrote: »
    Of course your personal experiences are the fundamental reasons for the demise in attendances at the international matches ! I would also like to see emperical evidence that Irish attendances at oversees international & club games are declining. I would be amazed if you back that one up at all.

How many Irish fans ever attended international games in Manchester United shirts ? It was a sporadic few, and an exception as opposed to a rule. Naturally, the same fans just happened to be in your vicinity everytime Ireland were playing, and kept telling you to sit down. Pull the other one.

Your first paragraph would seem to suggest that you have stopped attending international. Perhaps you should reference this "holier then thou" attitude which is prevalent in your ilk, when considering the reasons behind declining international attendances.

There are other reasons which should be canvassed

1)The percieved "negativity" of Trappatoni's management style, which has often led to poor games, and criticism from fans.
    2)The ludicrious jump in prices for International Soccer matches of whatever hue. (In 2002 Terrace tickets cost 15-20 Euro, with Schoolboy East Terrace Tickets costing as little as 5 Euro)
    3)The recessionary times in which we find ourselves.
    4)Declining interest in the International Game from all quarters, including players.

I normally wouldn't bother with you as your 'opinion' is arrogant and irrelevant, even by barstooler standards, but this needs commenting on.

€20 to stand on a crumbling terrace 9 years ago was good value. €30 to sit in one of the best stadia in the world is bad.

Is that seriously your position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Of course I'd go mad and it's hardly begrudery. Plenty of people parted with €350+ for tickets based on the price list IN WRITING from the FAI. If they introduce cheaper tickets they have broken a contract. The National Consumer Agency would have a field day

Just curious. Were you given a guarantee that ticket prices were definitely not going to be subject to change?

I have a letter from the FAI stating that this is the price of the games. So yes I have it in writing what the prices will be. Many people bought season tickets based on what the prices of the games would be.

So are you really saying you have no problem paying much more for the exact same product as someone else?? :rolleyes:

You are wrong here. You are a Dundalk fan, aren't you?

You go and fork out €200 for a season ticket, and the games are priced at €15. No-one goes, so Dundalk cut the ticket price to €10 (I know they can't but you get the gist). Do you expect €66.66 back of your season ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Is there a competition in this thread to throw in as many cliches and stock phrases as possible?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

You are wrong here. You are a Dundalk fan, aren't you?

You go and fork out €200 for a season ticket, and the games are priced at €15. No-one goes, so Dundalk cut the ticket price to €10 (I know they can't but you get the gist). Do you expect €66.66 back of your season ticket?

Yes, Season ticket holder and member of the patron scheme also.

There is no way the club would do this as they depend on season ticket sales as part of their annual turnover. Why risk guaranteed income (Lump sum before the season starts) & pissíng off loyal fans on the chance that you might get a few more people through the gate. It just doesn't make sense.

Just curious. Were you given a guarantee that ticket prices were definitely not going to be subject to change?

Just Curious.

How can you give a guarantee that something is definitely not going to happen? Have you ever heard of any company, anywhere that would give such a guarantee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Just Curious.

How can you give a guarantee that something is definitely not going to happen? Have you ever heard of any company, anywhere that would give such a guarantee?

No, hence my question. The people buying those tickets weren't guaranteed that the tickets prices would stay so as has been said, they shouldnt feel hard done by the fact that the prices have dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I normally wouldn't bother with you as your 'opinion' is arrogant and irrelevant, even by barstooler standards, but this needs commenting on.

€20 to stand on a crumbling terrace 9 years ago was good value. €30 to sit in one of the best stadia in the world is bad.

Is that seriously your position?

No, you just dont like dealing with my opinion because it causes your brain to become cognative dissonance central. You dont want to deal with the bulk of my post because you realise that your footballing prejudices are blown to bits.

Although you have taken what I have said out of context (you fail to mention my reference to 15Euro & 5Euro tickets), you know well that we are living in different times, both in economic and footballing terms. In 2002 what woould you have expected the FAI to charge ? Ireland were World Cup bound after all, and the association KNEW that the crowds would attend.

You have it in writing what the price of your tickets are. Not the price of anyone else's tickets.

The FAI made no guarantee that prices for all seats would be fixed for any set duration.

The National Consumer Agency would have a field day alright - telling any complainers to cop the hell on. Prices for products change all the time.

Bought a ticket to NYC two years ago on the last day of an Aer Lingus sale. Three weeks later got a notifcation of another sale where the same seats were on sale for €50 cheaper. "Feck it" says I, but held back on complaining to the National Consumer Agency.

In this case if I had bought the FAI season ticket deal, and had the following choice:

1. An extra 10,000 - 20,000 people attend but bought tickets a fair bit cheapr than mine
    OR
    2. sitting in a half empty stadium but knowing that nobody got a better deal than me

I'd pick 1 every time without. You'd actually end up getting a lot better value for the money you've already paid, because the games would have better atmospheres and be better events.

The only reason people would complain would be pure begrudgery and mean spiritedness.

• Advertisement

No, you just dont like dealing with my opinion because it causes your brain to become cognative dissonance central. You dont want to deal with the bulk of my post because you realise that your footballing prejudices are blown to bits.

No, I don't want to deal with your post because its boring. Its the same barstooler versus real fan nonsense and I have better things to be doing with my time.

"cognative dissonance central"? the idea that I would cast an envious glance towords a barstoolers football experience is so ludicrious its actually funny.
    Although you have taken what I have said out of context (you fail to mention my reference to 15Euro & 5Euro tickets), you know well that we are living in different times, both in economic and footballing terms. In 2002 what woould you have expected the FAI to charge ? Ireland were World Cup bound after all, and the association KNEW that the crowds would attend.

Yes we are living in different times. But the FAI still have a stadium to pay for and grassroots to maintain. Time and time again I have to point out to the plastic hammer brigade that there is much more to the FAI than the senior international side.

Match tickets are very inelastic. Halving prices won't double your attendence. Doubling wont halve. If that were the case, Rovers would charge €1 and get 75,000 at games. It doesn't work like that in the real world.

Thats not to say that they shouldn't look at pricing, and this thread indicates they have, but my point stands. You can't expect the FAI to lay on the likes of Uruguay for the price of a LoI game. Get real.

Yes, Season ticket holder and member of the patron scheme also.

There is no way the club would do this as they depend on season ticket sales as part of their annual turnover. Why risk guaranteed income (Lump sum before the season starts) & pissíng off loyal fans on the chance that you might get a few more people through the gate. It just doesn't make sense.

I didn't ask you if it made sense. I asked you would you go back for a partial refund if the price of walk ins was cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

It was a better atmosphere than Saturday.

I see some of your point Zaph about the kids, but I don't see how a load of kids would improve the atmosphere. There was some boys behind me on Saturday and they were extremely annoying banging our chairs, etc

offer kids in for a fiver, and a good percentage of them would probably be accompanied by a full paying adult who mightnt have gone otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Showing my age here but when I first block booked in the early 80s the FAI gave you a reduction on the full ticket prices for doing so. OK you had to pay up front but at least they recognised it. Different times.

You have it in writing what the price of your tickets are. Not the price of anyone else's tickets.

The FAI made no guarantee that prices for all seats would be fixed for any set duration.

The National Consumer Agency would have a field day alright - telling any complainers to cop the hell on. Prices for products change all the time.

Bought a ticket to NYC two years ago on the last day of an Aer Lingus sale. Three weeks later got a notifcation of another sale where the same seats were on sale for €50 cheaper. "Feck it" says I, but held back on complaining to the National Consumer Agency.

In this case if I had bought the FAI season ticket deal, and had the following choice:

1. An extra 10,000 - 20,000 people attend but bought tickets a fair bit cheapr than mine
    OR
    2. sitting in a half empty stadium but knowing that nobody got a better deal than me

I'd pick 1 every time without. You'd actually end up getting a lot better value for the money you've already paid, because the games would have better atmospheres and be better events.

The only reason people would complain would be pure begrudgery and mean spiritedness.

Sure why not give the tickets away for free?? Would fill the stadium and great atmosphere. Anything else would be begrudery and mean spiritedness. I'm sure they could stick free burgers and bottles of coke too (only for those that buy the ticket on a match by match basis though)

Love these barstool attitudes. Ah sure feck the season ticket holders as long as I can get a cheap ticket I might go to the game.

I didn't ask you if it made sense. I asked you would you go back for a partial refund if the price of walk ins was cut.

No I wouldn't. I also wouldn't renew my season ticket, patron scheme, spent money in club shop or bar.

Your a rovers fan right. Rovers are a members club, I'm sure existing members would have no problem with new members coming on board with the exact same rights and paying a fraction of the price would they?? After all it would be better to have more members even if it does piss off the lads that put the most money into the club.

No I wouldn't. I also wouldn't renew my season ticket, patron scheme, spent money in club shop or bar.

Your a rovers fan right. Rovers are a members club, I'm sure existing members would have no problem with new members coming on board with the exact same rights and paying a fraction of the price would they?? After all it would be better to have more members even if it does piss off the lads that put the most money into the club.

Membership no. Not what we are talking about

If Rovers offered free or cheap tickets to potential NEW fans, I wouldn't have a problem. In fact, I have put to the club that each member should get a few free tickets to give to friends.

I think the fact that me as a Rovers member encourage innovate pricing to get new punters in the door while you as a Dundalk patron say you would take your ball and go home if they did the same is interesting. Interesting in the sense we have averaged 5,500 this year and you are averaging 1,800. Think about it.

Membership no. Not what we are talking about

If Rovers offered free or cheap tickets to potential NEW fans, I wouldn't have a problem. In fact, I have put to the club that each member should get a few free tickets to give to friends.

I wouldn't have a problem with Dundalk doing this either. This would not devalue the current price of a season ticket so I'm not sure what your point is?

I think the fact that me as a Rovers member encourage innovate pricing to get new punters in the door while you as a Dundalk patron say you would take your ball and go home if they did the same is interesting. Interesting in the sense we have averaged 5,500 this year and you are averaging 1,800. Think about it.

Where did I say I would take my ball and go home. There is a huge gulf of difference between innovative pricing and slashing prices by 33% like you have said.

As for attendances (sorry for going off topic), Rovers have a lager catchment area, have just won the league and rent a far superior and more comfortable stadium I'd be fairly surprised if you were not getting a higher average attendance. What were your attendances when you were in Tolka?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Are you sure they were that cheap?

But they never went on public sale, so its a moot point.

This is for the ones in August, they're just test matches in preparation for the World Cup, but the opposition is top drawer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Fittle wrote: »
    Are you 90:confused:
    I brought my young lad and his pal (both 8) to two of the recent internationals and at both of them, the men in front were complaining about the kids kicking their seat:rolleyes:

Kids are kids - they sway their legs all over the place, at the cinema, on the bus etc...if the FAI want to have fans at matches consistently, they need to get the kids into the stadium while they're young, so that they continue to go to every match. And they obviously need to reduce ticket prices. And obviously need to dissuade 90yr olds giving out about the kids in the seats behind them.

It's a football match. Not a night at the opera.

Interesting that I have to be 90 to not enjoy constant battering of my chair, which somebody 5 seats away that knew the boys could even feel and ended up shouting at them.

They were doing it on purpose because they were slamming the spare seat beside me down too.

It's not the same situation as with yours, but that is some impressive jumping to conclusions.

Oh, and I'm in my early 20s.

Advertisement