Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Derry

Options
  • 30-03-2011 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

That was away over the top. Think the Mod must be having a bad day. Civilized discussion we were having.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Is this just a statement or do you have a issue you want looked into..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Yeah if you don'y mind looking into the reason why I was banned by Muffler that would be great. We were having a disussion, then Muffler popped along saying to stick to the topic, even though the discussion was on topic. I replied 'hammertime' and got barred for 7 days!!

Note should be made that Muffler also gave me a booking 10 mins before for using a certain word, even though the other boardie wasn't offended. Think this might have being on Muffler goat if you know what I mean. This all happened in Derry, topic was Derry/London Derry.

If you could look into this for me it would be greatly appreciated. The mod came along and killed the whole thing, me too!! Thought the reaction was way over the top and was weilding an axe.

Thanks for your time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Your first port of call here should be a PM to Muffler.

I am not sure if you have done the above or not but I had a look at this and think Muffler was well within his rights to ban you.First he could have in fact banned you for the initial inflammatory remark but showed a bit of restraint and tired to let it flow with just a warning.Your 'Hammertime' reply was not helpful at all,and brakes a few boards rules.

I think this is one you will have to chalk down to experience.You can of course ask for a Admin to look into this if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Yeah I did PM Muffler, but that didn't work out to well, hence why I am here.

And yes I have done the above, contact the mod and I am sure he will agree. The remarks intention wasn't mean't to be hurtful or inflamatory in any way. As you can see from the thread, myself and the other person had it resolved before Muffler put his two cents in. It's my belief that a 7 day ban from Derry over this is mad. You have to take into context the topic, and surely as two Nordies having a disagreement over the name of our town is believe it or not normal. Otherwise the thread should never have being open. Thats not to say in any way that people should be offensive or intolerant of each other, but it is a touchy subject. Muffler should realise this and act accordingly. 'hammertime' what can I say. I was never the teachers pet, although I do believe in boundries that was nonsense ban.

Once again, it wasn't offensive to the other boardie as he clarified this in his next post.

Thanks for looking into this. If you could contact Muffler and maybe clarify it and hopefully have my sentence quashed, that would be super.

Advertisement