If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TX-NR609

Options
  • 30-03-2011 7:23pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Any idea when you can get me this AMP. I am loving in integrated spotify client really nice touch.

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/TX-NR609.html

If you could give me a price as well that would be super.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Any idea when you can get me this AMP. I am loving in integrated spotify client really nice touch.

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/TX-NR609.html

If you could give me a price as well that would be super.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

TCP,

thanks for the post - our TX-NR609's are actually on the water to us at the moment and we are doing an launch offer on the '09 range including TXSR309 / TXNR509 / TX NR609 - however we are not giving the actual price until the last model - the 609's arrive into us.

If you are interested in pre-booking one of these without obligation just drop me a line and we will pop your name onto the ever expanding queue.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Hi John

Many thanks for the reply indeed please book me in for one. Any chance you would take a trade of my 608 got off you last year.

Kind regards,
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Will the Spotify client work in the Republic? Impossible to use it on a PC without a proxy AFAIK...

You don't need a proxy to use spotify in the republic.
    I have been using the free and more recently the monthly premium account.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Sorry to drag it off-topic, but from their website:
    "Spotify in Ireland

It looks like you're accessing Spotify from outside our launch territiories. In order to buy Spotify premium, you will need a payment card that has been issued in one of our launch territories (i.e. Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom). As a Spotify Premium user you will have be able to use Spotify when you travel for an unlimited time period."

So you need a UK credit card and no free option? Bringing it up as genuinely interested if these will work in Ireland...

• Advertisement

nephster you have mail check your PM's

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

Me too please TCP

jspuds wrote: »
    Me too please TCP

You have mail

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

erm,

me too please ,
    thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@nephster, TCP/IP, jspuds, MrTrebus,

I appreciate that the discussion is of some interest to you but please leave this thread for its intended purpose. I'm not going to snip posts at this stage but feel free to open a thread in the Home Entertainment or Tech forums if you want to discuss further.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Hi John

Many thanks for the reply indeed please book me in for one. Any chance you would take a trade of my 608 got off you last year.

Kind regards,
    TCP/IP

TCP,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I have reserved a 609 for you and as soon as they land we will announce the limited launch offer pricing (they are expected this week!)

On the 608 - honestly you would be better off selling it on www.adverts.ie - however if you struggle we will give you a trade-in no problem.

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Guys,

I don't use spotify personally so I cannot enlighten you - but it does appear that if you have a UK CC you can access it - if TCP would like to PM me the Top Secret PM I'll see if I can rephrase it in an 'acceptable' manner and post :o.

ATVB (Thanks Ritzy)

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John

PM sent. Also got a call from the Belfast store the amp is shipping today and I will have tomorrow. Thanks for the good price.

Regards,
    TCP/IP

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

any update on the euro price for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Beanian.

The Euro price would be 529.99 Euro, but we can only hold this until the end of this week.

Delivery would be 14.99 euro.

Regards

Dave

Well ordered Monday and delivery Wednesday morning looking forward to setting it up later.
    Super service from the guys as usual.

@TCP/IP if you could let me know what the spotify integration is like i would appreciate it as this is a major selling point for me.
    Also if you could PM me how you manage to work around the region restriction that would be great!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@beanian,

Please see earlier comment on this thread - Feel free to take further discussion of this to PM, thanks.

Ritz.

beanian wrote: »
    @TCP/IP if you could let me know what the spotify integration is like i would appreciate it as this is a major selling point for me.
    Also if you could PM me how you manage to work around the region restriction that would be great!!

Will let you know what I think of the amp tomorrow as I will not be setting it up till then

cheers tcp/ip, keep us posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

got my receiver yesterday, thanks very much guys! All i got to do last night was wire up the speakers and the sky box/dvd player and make sure they were connected properly.

Next step is to rtfm - but if anyone has any tips on set-up and configuration I'd really appreciate it as I've never set up a receiver before.

Hi Beanian.

The Euro price would be 529.99 Euro, but we can only hold this until the end of this week.

Delivery would be 14.99 euro.

Regards

Dave

Dave, Can you hold one of these for me? Also can you do me a deal on a 5.1 speaker set to match? Total budget including receiver is €1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Beanian.

I believe Ciaran got you sorted....I hope !

Ablelocks - If you are stuck, give one of us a bell. We're always here to help out if you get stuck.

Cheers.

Dave

Well finally got the AMP installed last night but still have loads of tweaking to do. It really does seem a super AMP with noticeable improvements over the 608 model. And for all your spotify users it works perfectly. All I needed to do was select a new source on the amp called Net then choose Spotify and input my logon details and it connected straight away and streamed music sounded super.

Dave, yeah Kieran looked after me. All I need now is a pair of wall mounts for the vector speakers and i'm set.

@tcp/ip have you figured out how to search for a song or artist in the spotify client? I can only browse 'What's New' & my playlists.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.