Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs at Market..

• 30-03-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

first one up..
    Dolans Presents
    The Coronas
    Live At The Big Top, Limerick City
    Saturday April 30th
    Doors 7pm Tics €20 inc bking
    Available from www.dolanspub.com

The Dolan’s crew and the meteor-award winning Corona’s celebrate their double platinum album “Heroes or Ghosts” with their loyal Limerick fans in a superb new venue – the newly refurbished Milk Market on Saturday April 30th.
    The Coronas are back in Limerick after a nationwide sell-out tour which included 3 dates in Dublin’s Olympia Theatre and an 18 date tour of the USA.

The band are really looking forward to playing Limerick’s newest venue in front of the best fans in the country just before they hit the studio to write and start pre-production on their new album.

Says Danny Corona” Whenever we play Dolan’s the reaction of the Limerick crowd is always electric so we are looking forward to recreating the intimate atmosphere of the Warehouse on a larger scale.”

The chart topping Irish band, who recently supported The Script on their European Tour, will play the inaugural Big Top Show with support from budding local talents

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Great news
    Whats the capacity there?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

What's the capacity of the Big Top? It'll be good to have somewhere in between dolans and thomond park for gigs, capacity wise.

Be a good spot if the weather is good, market quarter and all that..

They might get a big gig for Riverfest?

Its such a pity they didnt cover the market fully,the gaps are awful and when it rains it falls into the market yard fools

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Ok, this is a very good start. Don't know much of their stuff but I'd say it will be a very good gig. Will def try get a ticket..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Is that gig in the Milk Market? Or where is the Big Top?

• Advertisement

I notice the way Dolans got the gig contract there...
    I know someone who spent alot of time and money selling the idea of gigs to the market but too no avail.They were pushing so0me paid gigs but alot of free gigs which the profits would be used for,got all the event plans etc done,they are sickened by this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Presume Dolans got it because they've a history of running gigs, it's great news, imo. No interest in the Coronas though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

meh, there's several people i know who would have done similar. its nothing original.

Well they spent a good deal of time effort and money setting up all up correct

Had contacted some acts but seems you cant get acts in Limerick unless its for Dolans

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Anyone else hear the rumour that Bree Sharp is coming to Limerick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

bigpink wrote: »

Had contacted some acts but seems you cant get acts in Limerick unless its for Dolans

at the moment no, but there has been other venues, i've put on several myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

You've no idea of the work Dolans put in to get the contract, it's probable they put together a better submission than your mates.

However, if your mates are serious, they could always keep on and push for gigs in Arthur's Quay park or King John's Castle.

Easy for you to come on here to badmouth Dolans without any knowledge of how the contract was awarded.

Zuroph I agree it's not an amazing gig, it's a nice safe number but it's worth recalling they'll need to get simply things like security and drink outlets right, something Dolans have a long history of.

They will keep trying i know that,hopfully it will be open to other promoters,the submission was very good,it benefited the market,free gigs etc

Id say a contract for the Coronas aint hard to get,pay the fee they do the irish circuit

But its great to see hopfully they will close off all the streets to [arking and traffic that night

Amazing you seem to know info any big on for the Riverfest or bank holidays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I notice the way Dolans got the gig contract there...
    I know someone who spent alot of time and money selling the idea of gigs to the market but too no avail.They were pushing so0me paid gigs but alot of free gigs which the profits would be used for,got all the event plans etc done,they are sickened by this

I am both shocked and surprised that you have managed to find a negative angle on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I am both shocked and surprised that you have managed to find a negative angle on this.

I'm not ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

They might get a big gig for Riverfest?

Its such a pity they didnt cover the market fully,the gaps are awful and when it rains it falls into the market yard fools

For Riverfest its The Fianna, and the High Kings would be the two big ones from what I recall, but there may be more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

For Riverfest its The Fianna, and the High Kings would be the two big ones from what I recall, but there may be more.

have no idea who the Fianna are,
    the High Kings..sorry but...yawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Gigs for car parking spaces outside Dolans :p

Nah good news story !

Advertisement