Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Womens motor insurance - How long is your car!!

Options
  • 30-03-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

My sister who has just spent six months abroad with her boyfriend is back home in Ireland. She had being driving before she left the country but stopped her insurance when she left. Presently she is looking to get back on the road again.

As she was busy yesterday and I had a wee bit of spare time on my hands she asked me to ring a few insurance companies/ brokers on her behalf and I duly obliged. She provided me with her particulars and off I went on my merry way. This crowd was one of the brokers I rang which seems to deal exclusively in womens motor insurance. One of the first questions if not the first question I was asked was if the car was over 9 foot long. Had to inwardly laugh to myself as I found it rather bemusing at the time. I have being driving 10 years at this stage and would generally get at least six quotes every year, sometimes many more. However, with all the quotes I ever got I have never being asked such a question. Doesn't say a hell of a lot for women drivers in my mind...at least a certain aspect of driving anyway I guess!

Just wanted to share the rather amusing thought with ye.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are you sure you heard right?

The only car I can think of thats under 9 feet long is a Smart fortwo, and even that is like 8 foot 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The only car I can think of thats under 9 feet long is a Smart fortwo, and even that is like 8 foot 10.

Was just going to say 10ft is the length of an old schol mini.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Surely knowing the car type would give that information?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭alias no.9

How can you tell how long a car is just from the colour? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Was just going to say 10ft is the length of an old schol mini.biggrin.gif

Hmm, I work in terms of metres myself but now that ye mention it and thinking about it more 9 foot woudln't make for a hell of a long car alright. Having said that I'm pretty sure and certain that was the question. Perhaps its the case that there is a discount for cars under 9 foot, few and all as they may be.

You would imagine so alright but I was asked the question all the same. I wonder if its anything to do with kit cars that they may not have on their database

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

alias no.9 wrote: »
    How can you tell how long a car is just from the colour? ;)

Are we getting more and more into women driver culture now or something?!:D

Advertisement