Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights and Jobs

Options
  • 30-03-2011 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey

Have two pretty newbie questions and would appreciate all help.

1. Booking your flights for a year. Thinking of going in September for a year but any search I do only lets you search up to a year from now i.e. March 2012 but I want to come back in September 2012. Any way around this? When booking your flights how much flexibility is there in changing dates and/or return airport?

2. Where in Australia has the most jobs going? I'm not a tradesman so can't really get involved there. Have a finance background but would be willing to do pretty much anything to keep money coming in and I'm not too pushed about where I base myself once theres a bit of craic going! Sydney seems like its out due to the high rents there. Where else has very high rents?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

winning wrote: »
    Hey

Have two pretty newbie questions and would appreciate all help.

1. Booking your flights for a year. Thinking of going in September for a year but any search I do only lets you search up to a year from now i.e. March 2012 but I want to come back in September 2012. Any way around this? When booking your flights how much flexibility is there in changing dates and/or return airport?
    Yes this is the law, you can only book for 1 year ahead, you book an open ticket return and change the dates after you book.
    2. Where in Australia has the most jobs going? I'm not a tradesman so can't really get involved there. Have a finance background but would be willing to do pretty much anything to keep money coming in and I'm not too pushed about where I base myself once theres a bit of craic going! Sydney seems like its out due to the high rents there. Where else has very high rents?

Sydney/Melbourne have most jobs, also the most people which means high rent, Sydney is pretty high at the moment, but wages are pretty good.

Advertisement