Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scoobius Pip- Upstairs @ Kellys Galway

Options
  • 30-03-2011 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Scroobius Pip Returns to Kellys in Galway for a one off special spoken word show.

Thur April- 14th
    Scroobius Pip
    Support TBA
    Doors 9pm
    Tickets €10 from Kellys bar

610x1.jpg

Known for his work with Dan le Sac, sold out shows in Ireland and the UK, 2 killer albums to date we guarantee you this will sell out. So please buy your tickets way in advace. Tickets go on sale in Kellys bar on Monday 14th of March.

David Meads began writing poetry in about 2005; he adopted the pseudonym "Scroobius Pip" from Edward Lear's poem, The Scroobious Pip. In a 2010 interview with Beatdom, Meads explained why he chose the name: "I loved the story. It's about a creature that doesn't know what it is ...By the end [of the poem] he realises that he is simply The Scroobious Pip. He doesn't fit into any one category and can just be his own creature."[2]

In 2006 Scroobius Pip undertook his "Relying on the kindness of strangers tour" which took him round the UK in a Toyota Space Cruiser performing in various venues and also saw him doing street performances outside gigs for the likes of Buck 65 & DJ Shadow.

Kellys Bar and Venue, Bridge Street Galway
    www.kellysbar.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Is this going ahead or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

lordgoat wrote: »
    Is this going ahead or what?

I haven't heard anything that would suggest it's been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Upstairs at Kellys

Scroobius Pip will be on stage tonight as planned. Doors are 9pm with support from Jimmy Penguin, tickets still available.
    May I ask as to why you are asking? Did you hear it had been cancelled or something?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Scroobius Pip will be on stage tonight as planned. Doors are 9pm with support from Jimmy Penguin, tickets still available.
    May I ask as to why you are asking? Did you hear it had been cancelled or something?

just hadn't heard much about it, only way i knew it was on for sure was pip's twitter...

Just so you know there were a few people going to travel down to galway for it but were a little unsure if it was on.

Hope it was a great night also if you have any vids from it, stick them up...

Advertisement