Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lasko Pivo or Union in Dublin?/ Baking with rum..

• 30-03-2011 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Firstly I was trying to find if anywhere in Dublin sells Lasko Pivo or Union beer? They are both Slovenian beers. I cant find it anywhere, but there is a company that can supply it, I just dont know if there is any takers on it.

Secondly I am wondering if I am to put rum into a chocolate cake when baking, does it matter which rum? Is there one brand that is good for baking for some reason?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,786 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I can't tell you about the beer, but as for the rum - go for a dark rum & something that you would drink yourself - not any ol' muck.

Firstly I was trying to find if anywhere in Dublin sells Lasko Pivo or Union beer? They are both Slovenian beers. I cant find it anywhere, but there is a company that can supply it, I just dont know if there is any takers on it.

Secondly I am wondering if I am to put rum into a chocolate cake when baking, does it matter which rum? Is there one brand that is good for baking for some reason?

Thanks!

Did you ever find the Lasko?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

I can't remember having seen it anywhere in the northside, nor in any beer shop.

I have fond memories associated with Laško, altough they have more to do with Tolmin than the actual taste of the beer. I've had Zlatorog and Club, and they are both watery lagers without any interest. For some reason, however, I still like it better than Union - for those who've never been there, these are the two most famous brands there, and you may have trouble finding anything else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Never seen it in Ireland but had a can of both in Kosovo and can say they are pretty awful lagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

lasko dark is really nice. not available here either

• Advertisement
Advertisement