Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

htc desire hd roaming lock

• 30-03-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi there.

Quick Q. i do a lot of european travelling. i have a desire hd on 3 with the anywhere in europe deal.

when in, lets say denmark, like i am now, how can i get my desire to stay on the 3 network here and ONLY the 3 network, even if its out of coverage.

Is there an app/widget/android thing to do this for me?

Marly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Will it stay on network if you do a manual network search?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

hi, nope. it will go for the strongest signal. i cant lock it to 3DK. This is correct procedure but i want to override this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Try what this chap said
    http://www.htcdesirehdforum.com/htc-desire-hd-troubleshooting/network-selection/

settings -> Call -> Call barring settings -> disable "Outgoing international roaming" and "Incoming calls when roaming"

Then do the same for data :

settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile Networks -> de-select "Data roaming"

And finally select the network :

settings -> Wireless & networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators -> Search networks.
    From that list you can select your home network. Afterwards, in the menu above you can use the "Select automatically" option to tell the phone to default to this network when it's in range.

see how that goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The three network (Ireland) has a roaming agreement with the three network in the UK.
    So when I drove up North, I was able to use my data plan & phone plan up there.

But as the OP said, my HTC Desire HD phone kept jumping to the strongest network.

What do the APN settings do on a phone ?

If you go into settings --> Wireless & Networks --> Mobile Networks --> Access Point Names

There's already one set up and locked for "3ireland.ie".

If you added another one for the 3 network up North, would that be considered a non-roaming network by the phone, and it would only select those 2 networks ?

Advertisement