Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help before I quit....

Options
  • 30-03-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

So, as I said in a previous post I've gotten from 15stone down to 13stone in the last number of months. Anyway I wanted to start toning up and losing body fat so I'd look good and meet in the middle somewhere.

So I've started taking protein and eating healthy, Have being doing this three weeks and my weight training is going well, lifting alot more than I was!

However i got my gf to take pics of my front and back(nothing dirty) and I'm pure depressed, think I'm looking worse than I did three weeks ago.

I'm not sure if this is how it works, but it looks like i'm getting stronger but my muscle is pushing my fat out and making me look fatter.?

Should I just doing cardio, get my bf down and then tone up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

daithi09 wrote: »
    So, as I said in a previous post I've gotten from 15stone down to 13stone in the last number of months. Anyway I wanted to start toning up and losing body fat so I'd look good and meet in the middle somewhere.

So I've started taking protein and eating healthy, Have being doing this three weeks and my weight training is going well, lifting alot more than I was!

However i got my gf to take pics of my front and back(nothing dirty) and I'm pure depressed, think I'm looking worse than I did three weeks ago.

I'm not sure if this is how it works, but it looks like i'm getting stronger but my muscle is pushing my fat out and making me look fatter.?

Should I just doing cardio, get my bf down and then tone up?

Never quit, always stay motivated :-) Add some cardio sessions on a bike as it's a weight-bearing activity. You'll stay away from injuries. Do sweat when you cycle, include some high intenstity exercises and you should be fine and "shape" your muscles.

No, your muscles are not pushing your fat out. Did your girlfriend take pictures before your change of lifestyle? Can you objectively compare them? To be honest, I don't think so, forget about the pics... stick to "exercise + appropriate diet", it should work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭daithi09

A0 wrote: »
    No, your muscles are not pushing your fat out.

Damn so I'm just fat, eh the only photos I have to compare are ones from before I was fat.. none from my fat stage.. I'l just try to keep at it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

daithi09 wrote: »
    Damn so I'm just fat, eh the only photos I have to compare are ones from before I was fat.. none from my fat stage.. I'l just try to keep at it..

No, you're not. A 2 stone loss is a big loss! The important thing, when losing weight is to not loose muscle mass. You're right, keep exercising and having a good diet. You'll be ready for the summer ;)

Advertisement