Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I need a new gear box ?

• 30-03-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    So I was out last Sunday and was using my C/A G3 and wasn't happy with the sound ,rate of fire was okay,as was range.
    I cracked the gear box this evening and found this ......
    198467_1988841365486_1376896545_2347417_2941828_n.jpg
    so is my gear box cattle-trucked ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

are you talking about the worn bushing?(easily and cheaply replaced) or did i miss something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Looks sound bar the bushing mate, I've some here if you're stuck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

that looks like a grease mark on it, not worn, I cant honestly see anything wrong beyond what thermo saw... if its that, which is hard to say from the photo.

If that was a wear point, the gear wouldnt be sat right, and it wouldnt cycle...

Sounds like you could have done with ajusting the motor height if the sound is off. They can slip with the vibration, if its firing fine, the gearbox is pretty likely fine. Sounds come from the motor mostly.... unless its the wack, what was the sound like, out of interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭whydave

thermo wrote: »
    are you talking about the worn bushing?(easily and cheaply replaced) or did i miss something?
    no you didn't :)
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    Looks sound bar the bushing mate, I've some here if you're stuck!

thanks man, I have the G-3 in the jeep on Sunday, always best to ask I find

thanks lads !

David

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Firekitten wrote: »
    that looks like a grease mark on it, not worn, I cant honestly see anything wrong beyond what thermo saw... if its that, which is hard to say from the photo.

If that was a wear point, the gear wouldnt be sat right, and it wouldnt cycle...

Sounds like you could have done with ajusting the motor height if the sound is off. They can slip with the vibration, if its firing fine, the gearbox is pretty likely fine. Sounds come from the motor mostly.... unless its the wack, what was the sound like, out of interest?
    I had a look last sunday and it wasn't the motor adjustment, I put it down to a gear going or something like a bolloxed bearing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement