Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone phone and broadband service

• 30-03-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Just looking for feedback. Considering switching over from Eircom to vodafone with the landline and broadband, they're offering good deals at the mo.

Anyone here using them? If so, what is the service and reliability like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just looking for feedback. Considering switching over from Eircom to vodafone with the landline and broadband, they're offering good deals at the mo.

Definate no! Vodafone broadband drops at least 5 times a day in most areas sometimes for upto 3 hours. if you are looking for good broadband go with upc if its available at your house , they do phone aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I'd agree.

Get UPC if its available. If UPC is unavailable then I'd probably go Vodafone but from experience its not the most reliable service around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Thanks for the replies people.
    Tbh I'm shocked that ye are suggesting UPC. I've heard nothing but bad things about them. When they are good, they're good, but when they're bad, they're atrocious. Every few weeks there's a thread on here about their service cutting off completely. Have ye not experienced any problems with UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

My friend is just after ending her Vodafone contract cos the service was so unreliable. I've been with UPC for over a year now and no complaints at all. Think the 8 meg is around €22 a month but they do a deal for a broadband, phone and tv package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I'm on 30 MEG broadband here in Waterford and its great, it went down twice within the last fortnight but thats a rare occurance. In the parents house they've vodafone at home and I've resorted to bringing Meteor Mobile Broadband there because the vodafone can be so bad that mobile broadband performs better...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

Vodafone is terrible... I signed up for it paid about 3 months on it and cancelled the direct debit... it worked for 2 weeks properly stopped and started about 30 times a day its a bad service to have. the help centre then said they dont see any problems with it. they didnt want to help... so DONT use them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Father informed me he is after ordering vodafone and getting rid of eircom. The fecker. Looking for cheapest deal, easy knowing he is from cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

Thanks for replies people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I changed over to vodaphone in Jan 2011 and I have no problems.
    The internet can go down with any company.
    If you go through the cash back website fatcheese.ie you will get €50 cash back, you just need your email address and login. It takes some time to get the €50 from fat cheese but vodaphone is cheaper than eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I'm with vodafone and I've never had a problem with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Redr

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I'm the fecken expert at all this!! Switched from Eircom to BT about 2 years ago and no sooner had I completed my switch than Vodafone took over. Vodafone were a NIGHTMARE. Spent from June to Sept dealing with them re: broadband dropping constantly and got no satisfaction. Had to get onto ComReg in the end and am glad it's all over. Switched over to UPC and have never had a moment's trouble. I even had sporadic trouble with Eircom. The only thing about UPC is the price of the landline calls - they are expensive enough. Like a 2 second local call is the same as a 70 second one and you get charged for everything.

Good luck!

Advertisement