Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of creative midfielders are better

• 30-03-2011 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Ones that sit in front of the back four and picks out passes like scholes or more attacking ones that go towards the goal more and thread passes though like fabregas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's difficult to say one way or the other.

It depends on a number of factors such as teams formation, tactics, other types of players available etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

All down to the manager's system. If you have a world class example of either you can build a system (and a team) around them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Whats to say either is better really? It depends on the way the manager wants to set up the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Whichever suits the players around him, and the teams style of play better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭sonic85

i prefer the fabregas types myself - when hes on top form jesus hes so good to watch. theres no right or wrong answer just depends on the manager. id agree with agilemyth if a manager has a world class version of one or the other a team can be built around them. its what wenger did at arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Ok, let me ask it differently,United are in need of a good quality creative midfielder this summer out of Alonso or Modric who would suit them better as both are examples of the 2 different types of creative midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Depends on the formation for me a proper midfielder is Scholes/Xavi.

But the attacking midfielder like Lampard dont participate in the game or have an influence on it other than scoring :D

An ideal formation to accomadate needs hard working wide players(not wingers) and 1 up front, in fairness its the modern way to play. Using a makey uppie United team as the example.

Attacking FB CB CB Attacking FB
    .................Scholes
    ........Fletcher.......
    Kalou..............................Park
    .................Lampard
    ...........RVN

That would be an ideal set of players to accomodate both players. And tbh i struggled to get both into that example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I like a quarter-back style creative midfielder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Depends on the formation for me a proper midfielder is Scholes/Xavi.

But the attacking midfielder like Lampard dont participate in the game or have an influence on it other than scoring :D

An ideal formation to accomadate needs hard working wide players(not wingers) and 1 up front, in fairness its the modern way to play. Using a makey uppie United team as the example.

Attacking FB CB CB Attacking FB
    .................Scholes
    ........Fletcher.......
    Kalou..............................Park
    .................Lampard
    ...........RVN

That would be an ideal set of players to accomodate both players. And tbh i struggled to get both into that example.

Lampard is not a creative Midfielder, like Gerrard he is an all round energetic impact player that scores alot of goals for himself but he doesnt really thread passes or link up play like modric or fabregas, its why england always fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

As mentioned depends on the balance of the team. Different players suit different formations. Stevie G often goes missing but can produce magic, that year he played attacking midfield behind Torres he was brill, but put him in the Makelee???? role not so hot, or even your standard 442.

• Advertisement

Lampard is not a creative Midfielder, like Gerrard he is an all round energetic impact player that scores alot of goals for himself but he doesnt really thread passes or link up play like modric or fabregas, its why england always fail

He breaks late into the box, hes basically a 2nd striker but covered at Chelsea by Essien and Obi.

Modric/Fab/Scholes/Xavi always sit back it may seem as if they are different but in essence the same type of player, they dictate the play. Fab and Modric will break into the box more often but tbh thats cos they are younger :D Xavi/Scholes will make that one break into the box ;)

The Lampard style of creative midfielder is also a possibilty here as lets be honest this a Who Should United Sign Thread but cleverly disguised :D

I think Adam :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Ones that sit in front of the back four and picks out passes like scholes or more attacking ones that go towards the goal more and thread passes though like fabregas

Not trying to sound to harsh mate but thats a bit of a silly question. Thats like asking whats better a left back or left winger. Ones not better than the other there just different positions on the pitch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Both if possible, you need someone forward who can create chance's for attacking players too. I think Liverpool had a sweet set-up with Alonso and Gerrard. Had all area's on the field covered nicely.

Yakult wrote: »
    Both if possible, you need someone forward who can create chance's for attacking players too. I think Liverpool had a sweet set-up with Alonso and Gerrard. Had all area's on the field covered nicely.

And mascherano tbh it was 3some :) let down by **** fullbacks and poor wide players.

Could dominate any league with those 3 if supported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Barcelona ones, naturally.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Next week: what kind of goal is better - a long range screamer into the left top corner, or a mid range volley in the right top corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

stovelid wrote: »
    Barcelona ones, naturally.

I dunno man. You need a midfielder that can handle a trip to Stoke on a wet wednesday night....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Next week: what kind of goal is better - a long range screamer into the left top corner, or a mid range volley in the right top corner?

Velocity and distance are also key.

Advertisement