Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity question

Options
  • 30-03-2011 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭

Really stupid question.

All the tariffs are stating practically almost half the price at night. But how would they even know whether I used a unit at night or during the day? Does the meter run slower at night or how could it possibly work?

Anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

They replace your meter with one that gives two readings - one for day usage and one for night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Kensington wrote: »
    They replace your meter with one that gives two readings - one for day usage and one for night.

And you pay a greater standing charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

yeah the standing charge is a little more expensive and your day units are more expensive than the bog standard unit. on my bill which is a night saver it's 34.60 cent/day. day unit is 15.06 cent/kwh and night is 7.45 cent/kwh.

standing charges available at http://www.esb.ie/esbcustomersupply/residential/home/res_bill_pricing.pdf

i'm with bord gais.

Advertisement