Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best file hosting/downloads for upc?

• 30-03-2011 9:57pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, simple question really, I used to be on rapidshare for years, which was flawless with upc, full throttle downloads,
    anyway my a/c is expired, even thought I have over 500gb of data to download, I can't download unless I extend my account.
    So I've just signed up for fileserv premium(€9.99 per month)
    downloaded my first file on the new account.. it averages about 500-600kb wired, this is not the "unlimited" they make out to be, it spiked at 1.2mb for about 15 seconds but i think that was because idm froze, never had this prob with RS, always 2.1mb constant.
    so lucky I didn't buy a yearly account, who else can anyone recommend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i have a fileserve ac and get 12-15mb/s

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

upc must be having a bad night for me so(upc.speedtest.ie shows me getting 15.80mb, so shave 2mb off that cause its on their lines, but not overly impressed with it at the mo, i'll try it during daytime tomrrow thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

I have tried nearly every file hosting company and the best by far with UPC is Rapidshare. Everything is sheet in comparison tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i second jakedixon2004. ive used eircom, upc and smart bb. and ive tried various different hosts.

make sure you use a download manager like internet download manager as web browsers seem to be useless at maximising your connection...

30mb here with upc.
    i get 500kb/s in firefox, chrome and i.e...
    in IDM it gets 3.8mb/s.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

i second jakedixon2004. ive used eircom, upc and smart bb. and ive tried various different hosts.

make sure you use a download manager like internet download manager as web browsers seem to be useless at maximising your connection...

30mb here with upc.
    i get 500kb/s in firefox, chrome and i.e...
    in IDM it gets 3.8mb/s.
    yep I use IDM already, now last night after 10pm when i was downloading 3 files with idm(off fileserve) couldn't start anymore I was getting just under 2mb, it'll have to do, but when downloading a single file through idm on fileserve I was only about about 1.2-1.4mb so it looks like thats the max

would anyone be able to spare me some rapids please, I have 550gb still on my RS account but I would like to transfare them to my fileserv a/c just enough rapids for 2 days download..
    RS ID is 83CF743A6B291F100C6C521303BE3723

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i can assure you there is nothing wrong with fileserve !

http://i51.tinypic.com/2ai0is8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

is that a 20meg line?
    I'm using file sonic and i usually get between 1 - 2mb/s

upc must have just been having a bad night when I opened the account, the downloads seem back to norm, takes about 25secs for it to get up to full speed
    21b3x54.jpg
    so back to my other question, can anyone spare me 30rapids or so?

Advertisement