Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One minute browsing a site the next, nothing..

• 30-03-2011 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope you can help. I have an issue with one particular website/forum and it happens at least a couple of times an hour while browsing. I login and start browsing but within 15 mins if I am going from topic to topic the site times out and gives a Server Not Found error:

Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This can even happen when I go to the site first off, and it will work for no apparent reason after a few minutes. i have tried clearing history/cache etc and it hasn't helped. I am using Firefox 4 but can replicate the issue when it goes down in Chrome. Anyone had this happen and managed to identify the issue and fix it? Its driving me mad at this stage... :mad::mad:

p.s.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section and if so please move to wherever it should be. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Happens to me when browsing 2+2 forums, connection will just time out sometimes. Popular sites often become the victims of DDOS attacks and that would definitely cause timeouts. Maybe thats the case with the forum you are trying to access?. If it only happens on that particular forum and not on another site then its obvious that its a problem one way or another on their end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Yeah that's what I was thinking LaVail but according to their administrator nobody else has had this error so I seem to be the only person and yes this is the only website/forum I have had this happen to me with.. Baffling tbh :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

I may just add that when this forum drops for me I have checked it here http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it always states that the forum is up for everyone else.. :(

Advertisement