Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pc build for collage

Options
  • 30-03-2011 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

So I'm ordering a pc from Hardwareversand and i would like some advice This pc will just be for everyday use with some 3D art rendering photo editing and such i will not be using it as a gaming computer . I only have around 500 to spend but i will be puting in my old 5670 graphics card and 2 1tb HDDs and a Freezer 7pro Rev. 2 . I see that most of you have recommended the super flower PSUs but i dont really like the leds so i went with the Xigmatek go green 400 watt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

looking good but you didn't list which 5670 your getting other than pretty solid so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If you're a student, can you avail of the cheap windows 7 upgrade from www.software4students.ie, or as someone on the bargain alerts forum pointed out, you can get can get Windows server 2008 R2 for free from https://www.dreamspark.com/ which is similar to Win 7. You would need to do a bit of tweaking to get the server to work as windows 7. http://www.win2008r2workstation.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

Thanks Irishmetalhead its a Sappire 1gb 5670 graphics card this one http://cgi.ebay.ie/Sapphire-ATI-HD-5670-1GB-GDDR5-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-/140521583707?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item20b7bd345b i only got it 3-4 months ago

Thanks for the link Monotype windows pro it is then :D

There is one thing that i am a little worried about with ordering from hardwareversand what do i do if something is wrong with my order will i have to pay to ship the item back to them because its not cheap to ship something thats a few Kg to Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

mememo wrote: »
    Thanks Irishmetalhead its a Sappire 1gb 5670 graphics card this one http://cgi.ebay.ie/Sapphire-ATI-HD-5670-1GB-GDDR5-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-/140521583707?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item20b7bd345b i only got it 3-4 months ago

Thanks for the link Monotype windows pro it is then :D

There is one thing that i am a little worried about with ordering from hardwareversand what do i do if something is wrong with my order will i have to pay to ship the item back to them because its not cheap to ship something thats a few Kg to Germany

I had to send something back to HWVS because it was faulty and all I had to do was go online and say I was sending the RAM back. Printed off a shipping slip and rang UPS and they came and collected at my door 3 hours later :eek: But they rarely make mistakes being efficient Germans:D. In fairness it's difficult to make mistakes because their online configurator will tell you if you have made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

phoenix833 wrote: »
    I had to send something back to HWVS because it was faulty and all I had to do was go online and say I was sending the RAM back. Printed off a shipping slip and rang UPS and they came and collected at my door 3 hours later :eek: But they rarely make mistakes being efficient Germans:D. In fairness it's difficult to make mistakes because their online configurator will tell you if you have made a mistake.

:eek: @ 3 hours . Thanks for the reply its good to know at they are so good with there customer care that was the last thing that i wanted to know will be putting in my order Monday

Thanks for all the help everyone :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement