Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RásUCD 5k run, many doing this?

Options
  • 30-03-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.ucd.ie/rasucd/en/ This was great craic last year and is on sat the 16th April this year (only 2wkends away!) The whole Gaeilge angle to it is a good idea. Great value at 8euros for a roadrace considering you get a free t-shirt, goodie bag and food after the race!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I am! Should be good, hopefully :D

Best of luck to everybody who's doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Video from last years Rás!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Maybe post it in the Athletics section if you haven't already for a bit more exposure

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Would be doing it if I wasn't injured. *le sigh*

LUPE wrote: »
    Maybe post it in the Athletics section if you haven't already for a bit more exposure

Have it up already on the events page!

• Advertisement

Online registration is going very well, only 1st 500 get the free tshirt and goodie bag! Will be free food and drink for everyone afterwards though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Timmaay wrote: »
    http://www.ucd.ie/rasucd/en/ This was great craic last year and is on sat the 16th April this year (only 2wkends away!) The whole Gaeilge angle to it is a good idea. Great value at 8euros for a roadrace considering you get a free t-shirt, goodie bag and food after the race!!!

Really? I had no idea about that as I couldn't read the poster. Gaeilge angle and all that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yellow belly du

It got a mention in the Irish Times today, http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0409/1224294304760.html, saying that at only €8 for students, it's a great price.

'Maybe we should start looking around for better value – starting with next Saturday’s Rás UCD, a 5km around Belfield for which all funds raised go to UCD Volunteers Overseas. Race Entry Fee? €8 for students, €12 for everyone else.

Now that’s a race that deserves to sell out'.

Looking forward to it now, and if the weather stays like this, it should be a good day out altogether.

Nice mention from Ian O'Riordan there ha! Anyway, Online registration closes this thursday at 7pm, after that you can pay on the day but entry will be 10/15euros for students and adults respectively!! And remember you don't need to pay when you register online, you just pay on the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'll be gracing this race with my spectacularly athletic presence, registering on the day. I eat 5k for breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Planning on doing this myself. Quite sporty in general but never run a race before. Been getting some practice this week.....I'm going for gold. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I'm going to give this a crack. Do some jogging but looking at the times from last years event I will definitely be competing for the wooden spoon.

Then head to donnybrook after to see Trinity get hammered in the colours game hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

How did everyone get on earlier? Seemed to have been a great turnout. :)

Managed to finish my first competitive race in not too bad a time along with myself and two friends winning the #1 Society Team. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

How did everyone get on earlier? Seemed to have been a great turnout. :)

Managed to finish my first competitive race in not too bad a time along with myself and two friends winning the #1 Society Team. Happy days!

Yeah it was a great event. Nice handy course. I knocked about 6 minutes off my last 5k. Did this in about 28. Weather held up nicely and there were some nice refreshments afterwards. Good atmosphere at it also.

Went up to Donnybrook afterwards to see the colours game, unfortunately that didn't go so well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Fair play to all involved in organising the Rás, UCD athletics club, UCDVO and An Cumann Gaelach (nothing from the Union...). It was a really good day and they raised €4,500 for a good cause.

Advertisement