Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Auto-responder

Options
  • 30-03-2011 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

To the Eircom Support Team:

Hi,

Is it possible to set-up an automatic auto-responder to an @eircom.net email account? (eg. I am no longer using this email address, please re-send to new email address)

I know I can do it through exchange or through a rule in outlook but I was wondering if it was possible to do this directly from eircom.net?

You can do it for the old @iol.ie email addresses so I just thought I'd check!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

To the Eircom Support Team:

Hi,

Is it possible to set-up an automatic auto-responder to an @eircom.net email account? (eg. I am no longer using this email address, please re-send to new email address)

I know I can do it through exchange or through a rule in outlook but I was wondering if it was possible to do this directly from eircom.net?

You can do it for the old @iol.ie email addresses so I just thought I'd check!

Thanks

Hi Rhythm Ireland,

I have asked support to look into this and I should have a response later today.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Are you using new webmail or the old 5Mb version op?

If you are using webmail and the advanced version you can click on "preferences" then "mail" and there is an option in there to set an auto reply message.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rhythm Ireland

Hey,

I'm on the older version I think. The account was set-up in about 2001.
    Screenshot below:

Hey,

I'm on the older version I think. The account was set-up in about 2001.
    Screenshot below:

Hi Rhythm Ireland,

Can you private message me with your eircom.net e-mail address and eircom landline number if you have one.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rhythm Ireland

Any word back about this yet Mark?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Any word back about this yet Mark?

Thanks

Hi Rhythm Ireland,

Apologies for the wait, I sent on a request to managers in broadband technical and they advised that the best thing to do is migrate you to the new eircom webmail service.

This can take up to 4 weeks as it is a better service however they did suggest you try.

"if it is a zimbra email address then there is an auto reply option
    it is under [preferences] and [mail] about half way down the page"

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xperttaxis

Can you please upgrade my account too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi xperttaxis

At this moment in time operations are working on an webmail improvement and once completed all new orders will be taken and unfortunately i have no estimated timeframe as to when this will be completed. For further and future updates on our webmail service please visit our community forums click here : http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/To-all-our-webmail-users/m-p/22994#M29

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 xperttaxis

Thanks Al

In the meantime I am trying to forward my email to another address. Can you set this up for me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi xperttaxis

Unfortunately I cannot perform this task for you but follow the link below you will find instructions and advice on doingso. Apologies for the inconvenience.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/E-mail-Online-Services/Forwarding-emails/td-p/5428

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement