Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urine test for jobs

• 30-03-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

I mostly find work in factories. Every time I join a factory I have to do a medical. during every medical I have to provide a urine sample. I always thought it was a drugs test but many disagree with me.

If its not a drug test then whats the purpose?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Krieg wrote: »
    If its not a drug test then whats the purpose?

To blast them with piss, I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

They're takin' the piss out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

To blast them with piss?

This has got to stop:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

To blast them with piss, I would imagine.

That was way too easy :D

fedor.2. wrote: »
    This has got to stop:)

I know. I couldn't resist though. I've never posted that before, but as the first reply in a thread asking about urine, I couldn't help myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

checking to see if there was a bun in the oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i did one before i got a job in springgrove years ago. i didnt tell them that my piss was 90% black bush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Girls, checking to see if pregnant or DRUGS

Men - DRUGS.

i did one before i got a job in springgrove years ago. i didnt tell them that my piss was 90% black bush

I presume we're talking whiskey here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Genetic profiling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I done one last week in a medical,its not just for drugs but other things like protein and something else i cant remember what she said.

I hope so or id have to question what he was eating and drinking

fedor.2. wrote: »
    I hope so or id have to question what he was eating and drinking

Black bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

In a work 'medical' context, mainly diabetes and liver function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah, what else?

yeah, what else?

Black bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I know. I couldn't resist though. I've never posted that before, but as the first reply in a thread asking about urine, I couldn't help myself!
    That's how it starts lad, next thing it'll creep into your real life conversations. You won't notice it happen and you won't know why everyone is avoiding you and looking at you funny when you talk. You need to get help now before it ruins your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Standard drug testing. Did the same test myself when I joined the company 11 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mardoc11

does anyone know if they have to tell they are testing your urine for drugs prior to a medical exam when you are going through a recruitment process?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

mardoc11 wrote: »
    does anyone know if they have to tell they are testing your urine for drugs prior to a medical exam when you are going through a recruitment process?

and if they find any drugs , do you get them back? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Has anybody ever attempted to throw them off by filling the tube with some other piss like substance, Budweiser perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

Standard drug testing. Did the same test myself when I joined the company 11 years ago.

FBI?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭aquaman

mardoc11 wrote: »

Just ask the doctor and s/he'll tell you..
    alternatively.. Black bush it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Obvious. They send a cycling team to the Tour de France and they are checking for EPO, or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Owen_S wrote: »
    Has anybody ever attempted to throw them off by filling the tube with some other piss like substance, Budweiser perhaps?

Years ago, a fellow from Offaly that I went to school with came up with what he thought was a good idea and filled a hip flask with his piss one day when he hadn't had a drink. In the fullness of time, he was pulled by the Gardai and had to give a urine sample, which he took from the hip flask.:)

When the sample was tested in the lab, it was found to contain enough bacteria to kill many people; the eejit had been carrying the flask full of piss around with him for months, and he got a stiff fine in addition to being quite a laughing stock in the whole town.;)

I'm not sure the liquid in the hip flask was quite as bad as Budweiser, though.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

They would just check that the person they are going to employ is ok and not on drugs or medication that would show up, best medical i ever had to do was you look like there is nothing wrong with you and fit enough when can you start, the joys of the Celtic Tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

they're testing for diabetes, not drugs.

if they were testing for drugs you can order synthetic urine online.

if you ever find yourself in the situation where you need to use synthetic urine, or previously saved clean piss, to pass a Urine Analysis, be careful to strap the substitute pouch of piss to your body for a few hours beforehand, as you will fail if your piss temperature is below body temperature.

They're testing for blood sugars and I think proteins. They have to tell you if they're testing for drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I imagine they're going to be using it to dilute with water with all the new water charges coming in.
    Urinals being flushed with 1/2 piss.

(I'm aware that businesses already have water meters)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

They are checking your aim, if you can fill the cup, you are less likely to piss on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Generally they just check the pH, which will be dependant on sugar levels and liver function etc. It is an indciation of your overall health.

Most companies do not test for drugs, and if they do they will be quite up front and tell you about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Michelle Smith?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Its optional to give piss during the medical where I work. I always decline. If I had a serious illness the cnuts would find some way of firing me. If I was to receive bad news regarding my health I would rather it came from the family doctor rather than some jobsworth nurse.

Advertisement