Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need to be in Ireland to apply for Australian WHV?

Options
  • 30-03-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I've had a search but couldn't find anything that specifically answered my question.

Going to be travelling to Australia for 2 months in the summer and then onto NZ for the Rugby World Cup. The plan is to go back to Australia after that and stay for a year on a Working Holiday Visa.

Just want to do some travelling for the initial 2 months in Australia so the standard holiday visa will work for that, but just wondering can I apply for the WHV while in New Zealand even though I'm from Ireland? I'm assuming that if I apply for it before I leave Ireland that it'll activate when I first get to Australia.

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 kevrr

I'm pretty sure you don't need to be in Ireland.

When I applied for mine I was in a different country and it was no problem. If memory serves correct, when you're filling out the application online it asks you where do you want to go if they decide to call you in for an interview, and it gives a list of embassies all around the world to pick from.

Also I think there might be some rule against applying while you are in Australia....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You dont have to be in Ireland to apply for a WHV, you can be in any country except for Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 natter85

Cheers thanks for that :)

Advertisement