Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rubber matting

Options
  • 31-03-2011 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

can anyone advise where i might get rubber matting (with holes in it to allow grass to grow through) for under a swingset to protect the grass please

there are some in the A**** catalogue (not sure if i can say name here)..but they are very small and expensive

swingset will be 10 foot wide and 8/9 feet deep

thanks

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Go2Guy

I was in a farm relief office recently and they have this stuff they make from recycled plastic. It might be a bit robust for your job but worth a look maybe. I can't find it online through farm relief but this is the exact same stuff:
    http://www.solwayrecycling.co.uk/farmers-and-smallholders/ecogrid
    All the best
    G2G

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's the same stuff they've been using in parts of the Wicklow Mountains to attempt to stabilize some rather boggy path sections. See here for an example ...

http://www.ecoplastic.net/recent-projects/drumgoff-forest-rathdrum-co-wicklow-coillte-.php

It works fine for that application, but it is made from quite hard plastic and might have some sharp(ish) edges, so might not be too pleasant for small children to fall onto as they might be wont to do in a place like under a swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

thanks guy!!
    thats exactly what i was looking for

not sure if they would be any good though but i'll have to enquire locally here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

The mats mentioned above would not be suitable for a play area as they are made of hard plastic and are for ground stabilisation in muddy areas. You should be looking for rubber mats. Google outdoor grass mats and you should find some suppliers. I have installed these in playgrounds and they work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭countrywoman

thanks guys, definitely going to get those mats...off to have a look online now

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Interested in getting some too.....

Is there a good supplier in ireland ?

Advertisement