Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTC scopes

Options
  • 31-03-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    Just wondering if anyone has used an MTC scope. I was looking at MTC 10x40 with SCB reticle for a new rifle & was wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them or if the SCB reticle is any good.

Lefthooker.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 John 5

grate value for money. not as clear at longer ranges as the bigger brands an the models with side paralax (vipers) can be finicky to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Zebbie

I have had a couple of MTC scopes. I initially had a bit of a bad run with a couple of Mambas. 1stly where the the iluminated reticle made the 1st scope unusable and then on the replacement what appeared to be the coatings on one of the internal elements seemed to separate after 6 months and created a noticable fine spiders web across the view. I have to say though that the customer service was extremely good. I had both issues sorted with simple email exchanges and ended up upgrading my Mamba to a 6-24X56 Taipan with the AMD reticle. Never had an issue since and it gets some pretty hard work. Clarity wise its really good, not quite as good as my Leup ( I think/hope) but then its only 1/4 the cost. I have no hesitations in recomending them.

I do like the AMD as its a bit less cluttered than the SCB and has a sort of half stadia/half milldot look to it. I did initially do a fair bit of range work to match my aiming points to specific distances but since then...... I havent really used all that info much if at all.

Zeb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Thanks for your comments lads. The model I was looking at was the Viper 10x44. Was thinking the SCB reticle was a bit cluttered too.

Advertisement