Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limerick Zombie survival plan

• 31-03-2011 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

In the Zombie forum the thread on a unified Dublin plan is really doing well with alot of input. Thought you lot in Limerick should do something similar,

Have a look here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055496393

Cheers from S
    and all in Zombie Survival

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Raid the barracks for some Steyrs and hole up in steamboat quay with plenty of tea and toilet roll, rock solid plan came up with it years ago.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We're sorted for tunes anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^I'd rather be turned into a zombie than have to listen to The Cranberries, it'd make my head hurt less.

I say make for the Crescent, hole up inside there Dawn style and wait it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Steamboat quay? The apartments or the hotel? Suppose the apartments could be defended well, nice big gates, and there is the green area inside it, could possibly be used for food growth in a long term situation. Lot of apartments would mean lots of possible food inside.
    I would nearly consider the clarion next door, there is a large generator there, could use the hotel as a base to scavenge from the nearby apartments then. There is a lot of glass on the back walls, but that could be blocked off quite easily from the yard on the left, and is already blocked on the right by gates.
    Glass door in the front would need the reception desks moved to barricade the doors. Similar glass wall on front would need to be secured.
    Secondary defensive line would be at the entrance to the lift lobby from the main hotel. One double door, could be secured easily, and has an emergency fire exit openable from the inside only as another means of escape.
    Assuming a long term stay, could drain and rinse the pool, fill with mains water before the water ran out. Similarly could fill all the baths and sinks.

Saying all that, id probably stay in clare, maybe try for bunratty castle, still looks defendable! Wouldn't trust king johns, too much glass!
    Does remind me though, johns hospital in the city. 2 Gated entrances, big thick walls. Good chance of trained doctors being there, as well as a cross section of limerick people.

Wonder have i thought a litttttllleee too much about this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

phill106 wrote: »
    Steamboat quay? The apartments or the hotel? Suppose the apartments could be defended well, nice big gates, and there is the green area inside it, could possibly be used for food growth in a long term situation. Lot of apartments would mean lots of possible food inside.
    I would nearly consider the clarion next door, there is a large generator there, could use the hotel as a base to scavenge from the nearby apartments then. There is a lot of glass on the back walls, but that could be blocked off quite easily from the yard on the left, and is already blocked on the right by gates.
    Glass door in the front would need the reception desks moved to barricade the doors. Similar glass wall on front would need to be secured.
    Secondary defensive line would be at the entrance to the lift lobby from the main hotel. One double door, could be secured easily, and has an emergency fire exit openable from the inside only as another means of escape.
    Assuming a long term stay, could drain and rinse the pool, fill with mains water before the water ran out. Similarly could fill all the baths and sinks.

Saying all that, id probably stay in clare, maybe try for bunratty castle, still looks defendable! Wouldn't trust king johns, too much glass!
    Does remind me though, johns hospital in the city. 2 Gated entrances, big thick walls. Good chance of trained doctors being there, as well as a cross section of limerick people.

Wonder have i thought a litttttllleee too much about this...

Anyone who tries to build a safe house in the centre of a large town or small city at the start of Z outbreak is dead. When us Zombie forumites are off safe, we will laugh at you guys getting munched, and then finish you off when you finally stagger out of the city. ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Kess73 wrote: »
    Anyone who tries to build a safe house in the centre of a large town or small city at the start of Z outbreak is dead. When us Zombie forumites are off safe, we will laugh at you guys getting munched, and then finish you off when you finally stagger out of the city. ;):p

Im in the zombie forums, but what would happen if Z day happens when im at work!
    I need to make contigency plans!

If i was at home, id use the upstairs of the house as my base, knock out the staircase, and pull a ladder up with me. Next door neighbours in the army, I can pretend they will be armed, but unlikely :(

Be gas if there was a zombie outbreak in moyross, or southill. The zombies wouldn't last 5 minutes before they got shot by the boyz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yer too late. Limerick has already been infected by Zombies!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056212455

I'm still clean and I have been to Galway City too. Galway is riddled with Zombies!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Retreat to the Island field. Only one big way in and unlimited weapons and ammo down there already :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

phill106 wrote: »
    Im in the zombie forums, but what would happen if Z day happens when im at work!
    I need to make contigency plans!

If i was at home, id use the upstairs of the house as my base, knock out the staircase, and pull a ladder up with me. Next door neighbours in the army, I can pretend they will be armed, but unlikely :(

Be gas if there was a zombie outbreak in moyross, or southill. The zombies wouldn't last 5 minutes before they got shot by the boyz!

Z day happens every day when I'm at work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

krudler wrote: »
    I say make for the Crescent, hole up inside there Dawn style and wait it out.
    I was thinking of Dead Rising

except there's a Katana stuck inside a horse on the top of BBs :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 PotatoSTALKER

Zombies? In Limerick?

I think the politically correct term is "Heroin addicts"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

Zombies? In Limerick?

I think the politically correct term is "Heroin addicts"

Thats sooo true they were all in town today , it was definetly an early zombie march for the official zombies .... f""ken scary **** like

Advertisement