Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Odd 12v tv prob

• 31-03-2011 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys hooked up the tv yesterday and after about 10 seconds the screen goes blank but the sound is still there and I can change stations. Is it the tv or something wrong with the 12v?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've seen similar when an under rated transformer can't deliver enough amps, sound and no picture. Suggest trying a different power cable and perhaps run straight off the battery first. I assume you're connected straight to the 12v in the MH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

hi stape. its actually just a cig lighter thats wired into the battery.

the cig lighter i use is one off a mini fridge. wat do u recommend?

I've made up my own cables from time to time for tv's etc. and fine some cables are underrated for the job, too much current through a small flimsy wire and you could potentially burn the place down.
    If it's the original wire/plug that was supplied with the TV then I see no reason why it shouldn't be sufficient.
    Firstly take the end off your lighter plug and try wire it to the battery terminals (ideally with a fuse). This will rule out a bad plug or socket.
    I lave lots of cable and plugs here that would work so if you're stuck send me a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

IS the battery you are taking the power off a bit flat?

Cheers guys. No fingers defo shouldn't b a bit flat mind u I've no meter to check it...

• Advertisement

Looks like u were right about the battery ran the engine for an hour n tv works grand nice 1

Always the simple solutions work:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Glad to help. :D

Advertisement