Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tile Shop

Options
  • 31-03-2011 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi i am thinking really hard about opening a tile showrooms in dublin and would like some help sourcing tiles if anybody could help. Also if anybody has any other advice good or bad about this sector in the market. Would be great help :)

Comments

Would be very cautious bro because theres no new construction in Ireland at the moment. Im building a project in asia and I've ordered about 8000 tiles in the last 5 months, that would be the kind of orders you'd need to make good profit if you have expensive showrooms etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Would be very cautious bro because theres no new construction in Ireland at the moment. Im building a project in asia and I've ordered about 8000 tiles in the last 5 months, that would be the kind of orders you'd need to make good profit if you have expensive showrooms etc

+1 on this, do you think you can compete with the big tile retailers? If you are goingdoing this, I would advise incorporating a tiling & decorating service as part of it because all too often you buy your tiles but they only give you a business card to someone wwho is a tiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 torres123

i can give you all the advice you need, thats my line of business..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gar1983

Thats great i need to know where i can source tiles adhesives trims etc and any general advice like marketing it would be huge help I have just got premises last week so its coming thick and fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JonJoeDali

gar1983 wrote: »
    Thats great i need to know where i can source tiles adhesives trims etc and any general advice like marketing it would be huge help I have just got premises last week so its coming thick and fast

I presume you have a business plan before you got your premises?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gar1983

Yes course, just needed more suppliers contacts. To make sure im getting best deal possible. Thanks to Torres123 and Maxwell Smart were great help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

Best of luck with your new venture:cool:

Advertisement